Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making animated images/gifs

Options
  • 13-02-2006 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Lads, i want to start making animated images like this one !!

I want to do for football, goals etc. but i'll be getting this footage from RTE, what format do i need to have it in to convert it to animation ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Animation Forum .
    Record as MPEG/AVI (With little compression)
    one of the many AVI -> gif convertors .. Google ..

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Karoma wrote:

To be honest, it was the software side of it that i was after, i want to end up with gifs. I am not doing any stop-motion pictures or anything
    Record as MPEG/AVI (With little compression)
    one of the many AVI -> gif convertors .. Google ..

I'll check that out ... i am kinda stuck though as i have some Window Media Player files i want to convert but i'm struggling. Thanks anyway though !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

XP's "Windows Movie Maker" is what i tend to use for such things to scale down mpegs to the clip i want in my animated movie/banner. i then use JASC Animationshop 3 (which allows you to import AVI's etc.) to make it into a gif and resize it

good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The animation forum was suggested as the folks there might have some ideas and it'd get more eyeballs..

"Window Media Player files" ... what format? .wmv?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Karoma wrote:
    The animation forum was suggested as the folks there might have some ideas and it'd get more eyeballs..

Oh right ... sorry 'bout that !!:o
    "Window Media Player files" ... what format? .wmv?

Yup, thems the ones.
    XP's "Windows Movie Maker" is what i tend to use for such things to scale down mpegs to the clip i want in my animated movie/banner. i then use JASC Animationshop 3 (which allows you to import AVI's etc.) to make it into a gif and resize it

That sounds exactly like what i want to do, nice one ... i'll check if i can get that programme.

• Advertisement
Advertisement