Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the liffey is in a radiohead song!!! how cool is that!!

• 14-02-2006 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

the liffey is in the lyrics of how to disappear completely by radiohead isnt that great!!

That there, that's not me
    I go where I please
    I walk through walls
    I float down the Liffey

I just think that is soo cool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

deadly ;)
    they r class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Thats pretty cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

He even cracked a smile when the audience sang the lyric on the tent tour... The album had only been out a couple of days so you can see why he'd be happy that people knew the lyrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭HarryHoudini

Apparently the song is about the gig they played in the RDS years ago when they started touring OK Computer.
    At the time it was the biggest crowd they had ever played to and Thom Yorke was couldn't comprehend how big they had become.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Wasn't he living here for a while? I walked into him and knocked his shades off. His eyes are really all over the place. I was really appologetic and was looking at him trying to figure out where I knew him I mentioned a few names of people I thought I met him with and he knew one of them. I said sorry again and that I would meet him again and as I was about to stroll off we exchanged names and I suddenly realised who he was. I passed him on Wexford street about a week later so I guessed he was staying a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

In Yorke’s own words
    I dreamt I was floating down the Liffey and there was nothing I could do. I was flying around Dublin. And I really was in the Dream. The whole song is my experience of really floating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Some peole are so easily smitten! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

did it stink like hell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Bluetonic wrote:
    In Yorke’s own words

clearly fond of his drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

well whattya know......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

well whattya know......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

It'd be cooler if Radiohead weren't shìte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

COCK wrote:
    how cool is that

Not very.

-Funk

Advertisement