Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dwarf rules!!!

• 14-02-2006 2:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Red dwarf is the best programme ever!!! My fav is proabably rimmer coz he's the funniest!! wot about all u Dwarfers out there, who's ur fav character?!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Ace Rimmer, just for that name :v:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Probably Rimmer as well, he makes me laugh the most! "He'll never be mistaken for Yul Brynner, he's not bald and his head doesn't glimmer"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Agent_X

ha ha that was the funniest thing ever!! Just b-coz brynner is the only other thing that can rhyme! ha ha:D Legion is the funniest Rd ep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

My fav character would be Christine Kachanski... possibly I've got different criteria for making the assessment though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭egon spengler

rimmer, definately, although kryten is interesting in that hes a cyborg and has a totally different perspective on things. The cat is good for his vanity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

Arnold Rimmer (the hologram...before he became 'Ace') simply because, throughout all those episodes his character showed complete continuity in his b*stardlyness.

He displays the very worst facets of human nature - the cowardice, the selfishness, the professional incompetence, the social awkwardness, the general pomposity. He always seems to be the victim of circumstances of his own making - the tradgic pratfall. However, underneath it all there's a guy just hoping...waiting for a chance to overcome his self-loathing and prove himself to be more then the cretin he seems to be.

And he does it a few times in the series - where his character manages to excell, to be more then you're expecting.

He is a character that ended up having real depth, in my opinion.

Advertisement