Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sony CDX-A250 MP3 Car CD Tuner and iPods

Options
  • 14-02-2006 2:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Would the Sony CDX-A250 MP3 Car CD Tuner (Front aux in) play an iPod Nano through the Sony system? It has a front aux in.

Here is the specs for the Sony:
    http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=CDXA250

If it would work then what level of control over the Nano would you have through the Sony system?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Yes it would play it, it has a standard 3.5mm audio-in socket. The only thing that would be controlled with the head unit would be volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

better off with a Pioneer. They offer a micro controller (CD-IB100) which controls your iPod. I have one and I now use my iPod a lot more than I used to.

Since installing that I now use my iPod pretty much all day. In the car through the stereo. In Work through earphones and at home on the Logitech Speaker/Dock system I bought since buy the car stereo.

Blaupunkt also make a similar product. Sony want you to use Walkman not iPod. Hence the crappy iPod interface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭trent

Thanks for replies.

Got a price for the CD-IB100 unit?

The reason, I was leaning towards the Sony I mentioned is because it's €155 in Argos and that price includes a free fitting.

Advertisement