Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US] 24 Day 5, Hour 8 (2pm-3pm) [Spoilers]

• 14-02-2006 4:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

So, what did you all think?

For myself, not much to say, it wasn't the greatest tbh. Not much happened at all, no major plot revelations, etc. And by the end of it we're still at the same place as the end of the previous episode - chasing after the Gas. A filler episode really :(

Verdict: Jack must do better.
    Looks like next weeks ep will be a bit more explosive

How was it for you? 18 votes

It was Awesome!!
    0% 0 votes
    It was great
    33% 6 votes
    Good effort but Jack must do Better
    44% 8 votes
    It was Poor
    22% 4 votes
    I'd rather watch 7th Heaven!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

woah, how did you see it so quick in Wicklow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Im in the States the past week and for a few more says.

So strange watching the latest shows on a TV rather than on the comp :)

and on free tv!!!! none of this subscription lark

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Pixel8

no talking of torrents please

sparky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

I thought it was a very good episode again, the ending could have been a bit better.
    I was hoping that the terrorist would have blown up the building but I suppose that would have been a bit to predictable and to much like othere seasons of 24.
    I love the way that every decision Jack makes is the right one!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

SofaKing wrote:
    A filler episode really :(
    Whatchu talking about, Willis?

After reading your 'review' this morning, I expected the worst.

However, this kept up the standard of the previous episodes easily. It moved the story along, and it kept up the tension. It was great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

Superb!
    great tension, bit of emotion...you may call this a filler episode but compare that to the filler episodes of the past (the sh*te with the bipolar daughter, anything to do with sherry or will palmer, kim crap etc etc)
    this was pure action with jack saving the day again.
    I mean, not even nerve gas can stop this badass motherf*cker!
    anybody else suspect Mike of killing Walt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Smurfpiss wrote:
    anybody else suspect Mike of killing Walt?
    Yep, wouldn't put it past him. It was awfull handy that Walt killed himself, nice handy clean-up for Mike.

I thought this was a pretty good episode too. Story moved along nicely and they haven't changed the plot. Good ending with CTU being left one step behind again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

Wasn't a bad episode. I spent most of it wondering where they got those spiffy maintenence jackets on such short notice. :D

Some good foresight to see that they'd need those. ;)

LordBlonde wrote:
    I spent most of it wondering where they got those spiffy maintenence jackets on such short notice

perhaps they planned on testing the cannister all along and had the disguises in place, unless of course the cannister just happened to be in the van

not a bad episode at all. sets it up nicely for next week. also the president is a useless ball-less ****tard who has no guts to make any decision himself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

Mossy Monk wrote:
    also the president is a useless ball-less ****tard who has no guts to make any decision himself

I know. I hape David Palmer had a donor card because Logan could definitely use a testicle transplant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

LordBlonde wrote:
    I know. I hape David Palmer had a donor card because Logan could definitely use a testicle transplant.

lol brilliant :D

very good episode again,very tense and exciting. I love how Jack just simply kicks ass and always makes the right decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

LordBlonde wrote:
    rofl :D
    The president is indeed spineless, heres hoping for an assassination plot :v:
    Jack can defy the president now that he's officially dead, i like that....
    Not much happened to find the canisters but good action.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Could have done without the soppy scene where Jack saves the poor helpless little girl though, just made me feel sick that bit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Mossy Monk wrote:
    also the president is a useless ball-less ****tard who has no guts to make any decision himself

Have to reflect real life in some way I suppose.

Another good episode. Boy did they pull out all the stops to make Jack more heroic than ever before but they did it well. I think we should expect the gas to be chased for a few episodes. I mean it would be more ridiculous if they kept stopping one plot only for another to arrive until we have 10 different crisis in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Ok, my cousins have sent me ythe wrong video tape 4 fukin times now... could someone pm me with some moral support... :v:

Advertisement