Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennis Can it get any worse!!!!

Options
  • 14-02-2006 5:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Anyone thing Ennis is gone to hell lately with scum bags??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bookee

Heven't been there in a while... Is Halpinos still going..?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There seems to be an unusualy high number of (not really scumbags but- "waah"'s around, you not quite scumbags, but nearly there kinda guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Bookee wrote:
    Heven't been there in a while... Is Halpinos still going..?

Nope, closed there just before/after christmas.
    I havent noticed many additional scumbags around i must say. But then again i gave up on going out in this town ages ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Ah come on every town has scumbags, but hey is'nt Ennis the Largest town outside of Leinster, does this add up the figures you hold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

I haven't been home in a while but it is a pity that nearly all the pubs in the market have closed. It now appears that the best places to go are in the Square and down Abbey Street.....

Halpino's in town has officially closed or so I've been told. It seems he is lending his name to Woodstock Hotel and will be an advisor-type-person on the restaurant front but won't actually run the restaurant.
    S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭greg678

Nah havent been there in ages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Yeah it has become a bit of a hole recently, and loads of fights on Saturday nights. A friend of mine got stabbed there 2 weekends ago.. I just avoid those pubs and stick to the friendly crowd of Brandons..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

exiot wrote:
    Yeah it has become a bit of a hole recently, and loads of fights on Saturday nights. A friend of mine got stabbed there 2 weekends ago.. I just avoid those pubs and stick to the friendly crowd of Brandons..

Its getting trickier to go out anywhere in the country these days. Sad really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Smokey10

Its getting trickier to go out anywhere in the country these days. Sad really.

Im new to Ennis so dont know many places :o , is there anywhere you can suggest that's good (and not full of 15 year olds!)? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭chubba1984

Go to Paddy Quinns or the Diamond, fine spots they are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

I dont have a amazing amount of experience with Ennis but from what I seen for its size it could be a lot worse, if theres such a lack of places to go though why not just head to limerick city sure its not a long drive at all

Advertisement