Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom Disconnect Charge

Options
  • 14-02-2006 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Got an invoice from Smart yesterday with a fee for 34.99 incl. VAT for a disconnect charge. I switched from Smart to BT in Novemer and received a letter from Smart confirming the change over and no mention of this fee. Has anyone else received a disconnection charge and how did they deal with it? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sounds odd, what are they going to do? attempt to reconnect you if you dont pay?
    If it was never mentioned I see no reason to pay. I mean, why don't they just say the charge is €2000 and make a bit more. If it was €2000 you would not pay so why pay €35, just because it doesnt hit the wallet to hard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Did you sign a year contract with Smart and close it early? Or is it just disconnection at any time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Were you paid up to date before you changed? Is it definitely a disconnection charge and not the balance between the last bill you got from them and the time you disconnected?

Advertisement