Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoking Ban and it's effects...can you help?

Options
  • 14-02-2006 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

A colleague of mine in Scotland sent me the following e-mail and I thought I'd post on here to get a range of views on this for her.

"Dear Colleague,

I'm currently work for a national sexual health / hiv project in scotland.
    I am writing an article on the forthcoming smoking ban and the possible impacts it may have for the lgbt community.

I have a particular interest in finding out if the ban could have an impact on men in smaller cities if they are spotted outside a scene venue.
    Might this lead to an increase to homophobic attacks?
    Might more men be outed befoer they are ready?
    What do bar / club owners need to consider?

I know that the smoking ban has been operating in Ireland for while now and I wondered if you might have anything you might like to share along those lines?

I have no doubt you are really snowed under with work but any thoughts or observations would be greatly appreciated."

Advertisement