Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Levin

Options
  • 14-02-2006 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

well all
    Got over taken by one of these this morning , Not a bad lookin car , think there 1.5ltr with 20 values or some thing like that ....Any one know what there like

Currently Driving a 94 Honda integra 1.6 Dual Carb, Might be a nice change but i dont know the first thing about them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Toyota levin are basically a type of corolla.
    Engine is probably the 1.6l 4 AGE with 20v head.
    Strong engine almost the same as the ones in RWD toyota coupes.
    Good car generally.
    Jap import only.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Very well built cars, they hold their value in Ireland... You see some 96's goin for 10-11k :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Joeface

well there goes that idea , just checked carzone.ie , kinda pricey, 1995 models for 7K up ...hate that crap , once a car is ten years old it cant be worth more than 5k..........im not talkin about High end cars by the way,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

How about a nissan silvia?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Joeface

look nice enough aswell but still bit pricey , again checked carzone .ie

9k for 1996

I only paid €2500 for my integra 2 years ago, it has only 174,000 km on it
    the most i would be spending on a new car is about €4000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

If you're after a Jap import, your best bet is the UK tbh. People only bring Japs into this country to sell them on and make a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

I've been doing a good bit of research on used Jap cars, and in one fell swoop you've discovered the truth of it - basicaly, no matter how hard you look they are WAY overpriced. I agree, paying 10,000 for a 96 Levin is madness. I remember looking at these cars this time last year, and they were going for 6000. They'll be down again when people stop buying them. It's all supply and demand.

Look on Ebay.co.uk - you will find some serious deals. Also check the autotrader in the UK as well.

For whatever reason, Jap Levins, Integras, Celicas, etc. are ultra expensive on these shores. I've decided I'm definitely not buying one here, and have given up looking.

You could save a grand or more by going to the UK :)

Advertisement