Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonights Championship Action

• 14-02-2006 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

19:45 Burnley ? - ? Wolverhampton W. 

19:45 Crewe Alexandra ? - ? Ipswich T. 

19:45 Leeds U. ? - ? Watford 

19:45 Leicester C. ? - ? Derby County 

19:45 Luton T. ? - ? Cardiff C. 

19:45 Millwall ? - ? Hull C. 

19:45 Norwich C. ? - ? Brighton & Hove A. 

19:45 Sheffield U. ? - ? Reading 

19:45 Stoke C. ? - ? Plymouth Argyle 

20:00 Crystal Palace ? - ? Queens Park R.

No short of action in the second-flite of English football tonight, with first (Reading) playing second (Sheffield United) and third (Watford) playing fourth (Leeds). It will be interesting to see how the Blades deal with their recent dip in form against the runaway leaders, and what sort of resistance they can mount to the Royals unbeaten run. Defeat for Sheffield United tonight and a win for either Watford or Leeds will throw the automatic promotion race wide open.

Lita misses out for Reading with a facial injury.

Sheffield United have signed Geoff Horsfield on loan so he should feature at some stage.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Huge night of action in the Championship and why Sky arent showing either of the top games is beyond me! Huge game for Leeds which we need to win. We have slipped behind Watford by 2 points, although we do have a game in hand, so we need to win in order to restore a gap between us and Watford. It will be a very difficult match considering that Watford have won four on the bounce and manager Bothroyd, and Leeds coach last season, will love to put one over his former club. Its sure to be a good crowd at Elland Road with a good atmosphere.

Leeds problem this season has not been the top teams in which we have done very well against but the bottom clubs. With this in mind I dont think we will lose the game. The players always seem to play well when against strong opposition and I dont see tonight as any different. The only worry i have is that our centre backs, Butler and Gregan, are very slow so this has to be looked at by Blackwell to stop them getting caught out. With the strikers we have at the club I always fancy us to score. Healy is also back from suspension so expect Healy and Hulse to start up top. Either a draw or a win in thsi game for Leeds.

As for the other big game Im praying for a Reading win. At the moment Leeds are 11 points behind Sheffield Utd with a game in hand. If Reading can win and Leeds win the gap will be cut to 8 and with us still having to play Sheffield Utd the race for automatic promotion will be very much back on. Sheffield Utd havent been playing as well recently where as Reading have been flying as usual. A win for Reading basically guarantees promotion while also making then huge favourites for the League Title. I cant see them losing but I think the most likely result will be a draw.

So a huge night in the Championship, pity Sky didnt realise this! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Reading vs. Sheffield United and Watford vs. Leeds, two games that could well decide if second place is still attainable by any of the teams below United. In the Watford vs. Leeds, I think it could be a case of winner can still claim automatic promotion, loser will have to settle for a play-off spot.
    I agree Kingp, I find it surprising that neither are on Sky.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

No!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Sheffield Utd 1-0 Reading. Bruce Dyer scores

1-1 Dave Kitson.

Legend!! :D

Leeds 0-1 Watford at half time.

Great free kick by Ashley Young put Watford ahead but Leeds have had the better chances and have hit the bar as well. We need to pick it up i the second half. Cant afford to lose this game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Huckerby!!!!

Penalty to Leeds. Keeper sent off!!

1-1 Robbie Blake :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Another Red Watford down to 9! :eek:

Mike.

Brighton down to 10 men. LEON on. Still waiting for Earnie to bang in one.

2-1 to Leeds. Robbie Blake again!!!

• Advertisement

Earnie, Earnie, Earnie!!!!!

Leeds win 2-1. Great night all round! Caught up a further two points on Sheffield Utd so the gap is now only 9 points with us having a game in hand. We have overtaken Watford again now by a point with a game in hand on them as well.

Automatic promotion is very much back on the cards. Great night! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

hopefully Palace finish 2 - 1 against QPR
    Robbie Earnshaw is looking like a good bit of business for Norwich, he would get Norwich promoted much quicker than Ashton if they had him as their primary striker still. I think Norwich could force their way into contention for the playoff's.

Sheff Utd to finish 7th :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Full list of results:
    FT	Burnley	0 - 1	Wolverhampton W.
     FT	Crewe Alexandra	1 - 2	Ipswich T.
     FT	Leeds U.	2 - 1	Watford
     FT	Leicester C.	2 - 2	Derby County
     FT	Luton T.	3 - 3	Cardiff C.
     FT	Millwall	1 - 1	Hull C.
     FT	Norwich C.	3 - 0	Brighton & Hove A.
     FT	Sheffield U.	1 - 1	Reading
     FT	Stoke C.	0 - 0	Plymouth Argyle
     FT	Crystal Palace	2 - 1	Queens Park R.

Current Table:
    1 	Reading 	34 	53 	83
    2 	Sheff Utd 	34 	27 	71
    3 	Leeds 	        33 	20 	62
    4 	Watford 	34 	22 	61
    5 	Crystal Palace 	33 	15 	56
    6 	Preston 	32 	21 	54
    7 	Cardiff 	34 	7 	49
    8 	Wolverhampton 	33 	8 	47
    9 	Ipswich 	34 	-7 	47
    10 	Luton 	        34 	-1 	45
    11 	Burnley 	34 	-2 	43
    12 	Norwich 	34 	-7 	43
    13 	QPR 	        34 	-10 	42
    14 	Coventry 	33 	-5 	41
    15 	Plymouth 	33 	-8 	40
    16 	Stoke 	        33 	-12 	40
    17 	Hull 	        34 	-5 	38
    18 	Southampton 	33 	-6 	36
    19 	Leicester 	34 	-8 	36
    20 	Derby 	        34 	-8 	35
    21 	Sheff Wed 	33 	-14 	34
    22 	Brighton 	34 	-23 	29
    23 	Millwall 	34 	-22 	28
    24 	Crewe 	        34 	-35 	23

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭SLOOPY

Was at Palace v Q.P.R. tonight,if Palace go up again this season i'll be amazed.My lot made it too easy for them.Play-offs at best.Barely.

Advertisement