Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PC]Possibly stupid question about online play...

Options
  • 14-02-2006 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Ok. So I've got me broadband connection, after 3+ years of dreaming about it :D

I've got PES5 (PC) and Wolfs patch.

I want to play online, hopefully this evening, all going well as the modem only arrived and I've gotta finish work first :(

So! Does it make a difference that I have wolfs patch ? If player A has no patch, player B has the superpatch and I have wolfs patch. How can we can we play against each other ?

Cheers,
    Brian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

As far as I know Wolf's patch is the Superpatch, just edited to be one install or something?
    I'm not too sure on the specifics to be honest, but to play people online you'll need them to be running the same patch/database. Your best bet is to probably be running default PES5.exe or else the Superpatch 3.0 update. I'm not sure how popular Wolf's is.

Oh and not to rain on your parade but if you only got the modem today, then chances are your line may not yet be enabled at the exchange, you usually get the equipment first and then have to wait 5-10 days after that for everything to work. Hopefully it's changed since I got setup. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

online as I write this :D

Have resgistered pes5 but when I go to play a match against someone it tells me "connection lost" and puts me back to network menu.

Maybe cause I have different version (wolfs) to others ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Ah good news. ;)

Yeah sounds like the patch is the problem. You'll want to sort that out before trying to play anyone, unless you can know for sure whether your opponent is also using the same patch as you.

Enjoy anyway! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

2 installs work but is a pain, but when following the install of superpatch dont do the bit that fecks up online so you only have the real kits in ML and offline.

Easier that way tbh.

kdjac

thanks for advise.

For now though :)
    Anyone want a game right now ! with Superpatch 2.0 installed ?

• Advertisement

brianon wrote:
    thanks for advise.

For now though :)
    Anyone want a game right now ! with Superpatch 2.0 installed ?

ehh think its kinda obvious none of us have that installed :)

kdjac

time to uninstall so :(

brianon wrote:
    time to uninstall so :(

When reinstalling just dont do the part that makes un playable online, you will have everything in SP and MP on the pc, just online will be as normal.

kdjac

ok thanks.
    Which part is that then ? :)

Also, anyone noticed extra lag!? in teh second half of matches ?
    1st half seems fine but always the 2nd half seems 'jittery' by comparision.

Advertisement