Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless in Mayo

• 14-02-2006 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I live about 5 miles from Ballyhaunis and am connected to the Cloonfad (sub?) exchange which is not yet (if it ever will be) DSL enabled :rolleyes:. I am looking at alternative options such as wireless. Lastmile seem to have a base station that serves B'haunis. Does anybody know where this is actually located?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Lastmile are your best bet in that corner of Mayo so you did the right thing when you rang them up and asked them :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

westnet.ie offer wireless broadband in Mayo.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Not currently in Ballyhaunis though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shanefeb

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Lastmile are your best bet in that corner of Mayo so you did the right thing when you rang them up and asked them :p

In fact SB I didn't ring them up and ask them. Sorry if my original post gave you that impression. One of the many problems with dial-up is that you can't use the phone and be on the net simultaneously unless you have two lines, which I don't. I figured at the time that it would be much handier to post my query here rather than having to disconnect to use the phone. Clearly this rattled some people . Sorry.
    And yes :rolleyes:, I did email lastmile but I'm still awaiting a response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

shanefeb wrote:
    I live about 5 miles from Ballyhaunis and am connected to the Cloonfad (sub?) exchange which is not yet (if it ever will be) DSL enabled :rolleyes:. I am looking at alternative options such as wireless. Lastmile seem to have a base station that serves B'haunis. Does anybody know where this is actually located?

You might also get in touch with the IrishWAN (http://www.irishwan.com) guys. There are certainly nodes around the Tuam area but it depends on whether or not you can see them from where you are. There's a map at http://www.marlow.dk/map/map.php

• Advertisement
Advertisement