Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prestige question

Options
  • 14-02-2006 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Zxyel Prestige router which has it's own telephone line. The connection from the router is sent to a 4 way splitter for the two PC's in the house.
    The issue is that it seems to hang sometimes when accessing pages, the dsl and act lights on the router stay lit and the progress bar on windows is very slow, then the lights start to flash and the pages are accessed very fast.
    I have a 3mb BT connection.

Is a new (better) router going to make any difference?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

I use a lot of Zyxel products in work and find them excellent, so I don't think getting a 'better' router should be an issue.

Have you tried upgrading the firmware on the router? You can download the most recent one from the Zyxel site? Or maybe just reset it to factory defaults and see how that goes? Any chance of trying a different router for a few days and see if the problem persists?

Advertisement