Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bret in hall of fame!!

• 14-02-2006 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

this is great news announced on raw last night, Bret "Hit Man" Hart will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame 2006.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Not only has there been a thread posted already, but this doesnt have spoiler tags. Some people actually wait to see wwe programming without someone telling them the focal points here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

If he makes an appearance at the actual Wrestlemania event which they have done for the last 2 years, it'll be kinda surreal seeing him walk out.
    I hope he gets a great reaction. Won't do the Wrestelmania buys any harm either as people might think now he'll interfere in the Shawn Vince match.
    I'm 99.99% sure he won't but you just never know in wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

This is great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

gimmick wrote:
    Not only has there been a thread posted already, but this doesnt have spoiler tags. Some people actually wait to see wwe programming without someone telling them the focal points here :rolleyes:
    It's hardly a spoiler. Not only is it posted on their website, it has no impact on any of the storylines (it was announced on RAW as a video package, not as part of the show itself).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

About time, hopefully now he'll be able to lay some the demons between himself, Michaels and McMahon to rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great news.

Apparently Dusty Rhodes will be inducted while Eddie Guerrero will be posthumously inducted.

I hope LOD are inducted too since they are from Chicago as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

wow didnt see this coming...great news!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

question is: will he turn up????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

question is: will he turn up????

he has no reason not to.......it wont do him any good by not turning up....he didnt have to accept it if he didnt want to.....

There not gonna announce his induction if he did n't agree to it. The question now is who will induct him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Shawn :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Actually, HBK apparently said he would not go if that was what Bret wanted, but i would'nt say Bret would be so petty as to demand that.

I'd say it might be Benoit who presents him.
    Or maybe even the Mouth of the South or the Anvil.
    Piper and him also go back a fair way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I'd say it will be Angle, as Bret has said many times how much he respects him, and if he were capable, would love to wrestle him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Wonder how many 0's are on the cheque he's getting for his appearance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

only one, he said he won't work for wwe again and they confirmed he's not getting paid to appear.
    it is a tought question on who'll induct him though, naturally it should have been owen or if younger stu but there are so many legends and big names like rock and angle that must be queueing up to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TripleB

Just a question....Where is WrestleMaina hosted this year? Its hardly Canada is it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It's in Chicago this year. I'd say Angle would be a safe bet on who'd induct him. Neidhart or Benoit being possibilities too

I think it would be Benoit. 2 long shots could be Austin or Foley.

• Advertisement

I would bank on it being Benoit who inducts him but failing that, it might be The Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

anyone else think it's a pre-emptive April fool's joke? anybody? no? just a thought... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

What are the odds on bret not turning up or making a scene at the awards as an Up Yours gesture to vince??

TOPDAWG wrote:
    What are the odds on bret not turning up or making a scene at the awards as an Up Yours gesture to vince??

I would say slim to nil. Bret has always conducted himself with dignity since Montreal and right now after the DVD he has done, Bret has pretty much safeguarded his legacy. It wouldn't make sense to jeopardise that by acting like an ass at the HoF ceremony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

Roar wrote:
    anyone else think it's a pre-emptive April fool's joke? anybody? no? just a thought... :)

i'm prepared to admit that i thought it was an april fool's joke of sorts :o:o

Advertisement