Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get A Number, Get A New Gaff...Ugh!

• 14-02-2006 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Yes indeed lads agus lassies. Im talking about the new ad on Irish Tv with Mr.Fran Cosgrave...he of Celebrity Love Island 'fame.' :-p Personally, I dont know bout y'all but the ad really gets on my nerves. Its the one for 11850 Directory Enquiries, with him trying to look all cool dancing with girls who mustve been in 50 cents last video!!! 'Get A Number, Get A New Gaff'
    Indeed.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Dear God I HATE that ad with a passion. I really want to punch him whenever it comes on...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I can only watch with my hands covering my eyes, its that cringey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

What is famous for? i thought he used to be a "bodyguard" for Westlife?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

It is ABSOLUTELY woeful. Cringeworthy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

That is the worst add ever. Reall really bad. I hate watching it on Tv.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Yeah, i dont like it either.. Gaff?? Why is he saying an english word to sell an irish product, did englishness suddenly become cool or something?!?!
    He was from Boyzone... absolute loser, but.. other then the english-ness of the ad, the songs ok.. and its not all so bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

I had blocked that ad from my memory.now its back in there!!! It is a really bad attempt at an add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

He was from Boyzone... absolute loser, but.. other then the english-ness of the ad, the songs ok.. and its not all so bad!

What did he do with Boyzone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Enii wrote:
    What did he do with Boyzone?
    Bodyguard i guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

he was a bodyguard for westlife, not boyzone.
    oh and me and my family/friends have been saying "gaff" for as long as i remember. not an "english" thing to say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

:rolleyes: Another no-good, no-talent lay-about getting touted as a modern Irish hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

All I think when I see that twat is "Get a life"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

He is possibly the biggest wanker that Ireland has ever produced throughout history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

walt0r wrote:
    He is possibly the biggest wanker that Ireland has ever produced throughout history.

You're being too kind to him. :mad:

I think a boycott of 11850 is in order...maybe we could storm their offices as well as I know I am pretty offended everytime I see that ad. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Get a number, get on reality TV.
    Get a number, get that many minutes fame.
    Get a number, get that many thousand more like you after you.
    Get a number, thats the channel I've changed to.

Advertisement