Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying first house, but seller is messing us around. what now?

Options
2»

Comments

bullrunner wrote:
    if they are d*cking you around..tell them to keep to the agreement or you will pull out...nobody wants to lose a sale coz of something like that.

You can't unilaterally pull out.

Have to serve the 28 day notice referred to above first, and if at the end of that time period the sale isn't closed then you can pull out and sue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

You can't unilaterally pull out.

Have to serve the 28 day notice referred to above first, and if at the end of that time period the sale isn't closed then you can pull out and sue.
    i was under the impression from speaking to the CAB that the 28 day notice results in them having no choice but to leave the property once the 28 day period has expired. i could be wrong, but that's the impression i got from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Doctor Benway

vibe666 wrote:
    he also offered us a solution which was EXCATLY what the CAB told us to ask for last night, almost word for word in fact, which makes me very suspicious considering from day one of the problems he's been telling us there's nothing we can do to hurry things along.

he offered to issue a 28 day completion notice to the vendor (without me asking) and offered to send the cheque back to the bank (again with no prompting from me), as well as giving a full explanation of the reasons behind everything happenign the way it did, being careful not to tar and feather himself in the process.

there was someone else in his office that he kept talking to with the phone covered, but i could hear there was someone else there giving him directions.

Of course, it's always possible that the lawyer was checking out the boards last night, and got a nasty surprise when he saw this thread.

vibe666 wrote:
    i was under the impression from speaking to the CAB that the 28 day notice results in them having no choice but to leave the property once the 28 day period has expired.

A 28 day notice can be served by either side and is really a formal demand to complete within 28 days (obviously, for the Vendor that would mean deliver title and vacate the property) or else face action. The full details of its impact are set out in the general conditions of sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

brief update.

ran the extracted wav from the recording on my phone through a few filters in cooledit pro and he's definately speaking to and taking directions from someone else in the room, but you can't quite make out what they're saying.

anyway, spoke to him again on Friday to confirm everything was done as requested and yet again he's way ahead of me.

it's just a shame that any of this was necessary, it's the sort of thing that puts you off buying a house.

just have to think how much sweeter it's all going to be when we do finally get the keys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Any more happen Vibe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I hope its been resolved by now! But i'd like to know; was it by the pen, or was it by the sword.

Advertisement