Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hutch?

Options
  • 14-02-2006 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Wanted: 2 large outdoor hutches for adult rabbits, must be good size and reasonably priced, ideally a "1 up 1 down" type would be best.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Or if you ahve plans for building your own hutch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

I think a lot of people use the small size garden shed with a run attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I spent sooo much on bunny housing between building my own and buying as well. Ended up costing a fortune and I would of been better off buying a shed in the first place, kicking myself ever since.
    I since bought a shed and it has been a god send especially in the rain, no need to get soaked when you're cleaning them out, only thing is in summer they can get very hot so a run attached is handy.
    Some garden centers sell smaller potting sheds, it works out cheaper. A small one level (4 foot) hutch can be up to 120 euro. Here's a website that has plans for building a guinea pig hutch, although it's too small it might help give you an idea.
    Here's the link
    http://www.burkesbackyard.com.au/2003/archives/2003/pets%2C_pet_care%2C_backyard_&_native_animals?p=3491&mysource_site_extension=printer_friendly_pages

Thanks, the rabbits will have the run of the garden for most of the day in the summer, so the outdoor hutch will really only be somewhere to sleep and rest during the day if they want so an attached run is not necessary.

A small potting shed might work alright. Ill have a look into that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 SusieBelle

Yep I got a shed and it's been heaven! :D (thanks to GPR suggestion!!)

It's easier to clean then a hutch and it means the bun's have loads of room to move around at night. Hutches are so expensive :eek: the shed is much better value! I was going to get one built but it cost the same as the shed to get the room I wanted.

• Advertisement

Where did you get it? how much was it? I'm not sure I know what type of shed you guys are talking about, is it the big wooden ones? My garden is not that big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Shelli sheds come in lots of sizes - you can pick up small ones easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The one up/down hutch sold for rabbits is very hard to clean, as it is a little cramped for a pair of guinea pigs, it is far to small for a pair of rabbits.

My piggies will be moving out of it into larger run with same size hut on grass when weather improves (i.e, when there actually is grass).

The other piggies use hatch and run nearly size of a small hen ark.

Advertisement