Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sutherland: 'Jack should die'

• 14-02-2006 6:06pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sutherland wrote:
    Kiefer Sutherland insists his character Jack Bauer in TV thriller 24 should die if the show is to have a good ending.

The Hollywood star, who has enjoyed huge success in the series since its launch in 2001, claims he would be willing to kill the character off at a crucial moment, if it is in the best interests of the show.

He says: "I'll be happy to die. In fact, it's important to the show that Jack eventually dies.

"And that he does so when you least expect it.

"I've always said that if there comes a point in the show where to kill Jack is what serves the show best, then so be it, and I think every actor who has been in the show feels the same way about their role."

It would defo be an interesting ending if he was killed off
    http://212.2.162.45/entertainment/story.asp?j=73886414&p=738867y6&n=73886794

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

wasnt he already killed? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

kearnsr wrote:
    It would defo be an interesting ending if he was killed off
    http://212.2.162.45/entertainment/story.asp?j=73886414&p=738867y6&n=73886794

About as interesting as last season>?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

He's been saying that at the start of every season since the second one.

He'll die when the show becomes unpopular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Tbh i think it would be sensible to just have 7 seasons to call it "A Week".
    Plus it will work great for sales in the end as it can be called Week 1 boxsets of 24 Seasons 1 to 7.

Hey they may even decide to start week 2

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

If he is killked off once and for all then that will be interesting is what I was saying.

Could they pull the show off with out him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

kearnsr wrote:
    Could they pull the show off with out him?

In my opinion, NO. Unless they brought in another character similar to him - that would be pointless.

If Jack is killed off for good I think 24 should be finished altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manti452

Historically no series really seems to survive the main character death when this person is the entire focus of the show.

Being a fan of DS9 I was shocked when they killed off Dax, a main character, but this was an ensemble program with more story threads to weave and it became a catalyst that ran till the end of the show.

The show would need to take a new direction if Jack bought it, you couldn't just have someone come in and "do a jack" cos they would inevitably find the fans comparing them to Jack and the show would cease to be as inventive as we have come to expect and grown to love.

a spin off might be the way to.. similar to the CSI method.. move the action to another location and bring in fresh faces. Have the odd crossover character or guest spot.. what ya think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

manti452 i agree with what you're saying.

At the moment Stargate SG1 is really struggling to continue after the loss of RDA (Col. jack O'Neil). I love the show but feel its really let itself down by trying to continue.

And yes, perhaps a spin off, Stargate Altantis is doing much better than SG1 IMHO.

dont want to get OT but yeah SG1 won't last out another season I reckon. Ben browder already had a lead in farscape.. nuff said..

Could you picture a spin off about the life and times of Chloe O Brien.. how not to be a social success?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭yawn

they would prob make another series such as the book they have out, it's set back years ago when ctu was just established. jack could be killed off the end of this series and then next series they would have it set for 1993 or something

• Advertisement

Are the books any good?

Advertisement