Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Universal CD changers

Options
  • 14-02-2006 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Does anybody have experience of universal car cd changers? In particular, I am worried about the audio quality through the FM signal. I have heard mixed reports about this modulators for ipods etc so I am just wondering do the same problems apply to cd's? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

More or less - YES. This is only an option if you don't want to change the head unit, and the original doesn't have cd changer control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Galvo

Thanks Louie. Head unit does have CD control, just can't get a changer guaranteed to work with it except for Alfa's own (at a nice price!). Don't suppose anyone has fitted one to a 2001 Alfa 166 by any lucky chance.....

I might know somebody that has one original unit.
    Let you know in a litle while.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

does the 166 have an intergrated headunit?

you should know colm_mcm, you work in a garage don't you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement