Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag carnival thing.

Options
  • 14-02-2006 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Have to say, it wasn't as good as freshers week. It was all the same stuff only instead of the free t-shirts you could steal they were giving out condoms and instead of the bungee trampolines you had to raise €100 to do a bungee jump. I'm glad I got to see the hypnotist this time around. It was absolutluy amazing. Hillarious stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

I thought it was brilliant, even better than last year. Great band playing, nice belly dancer :), hypnotist was brilliant, Carnival was great afterwards and CANDYFLOSS!!! (though the woman put waaaaaaay too much salt on the popcorn).

It was all good fun just disappointed I can't make it to Spirit tonight plus it's all for charity!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Oh crap! I thought the nigth out was tomorrow night! Damn. I heard there are meant to be loads of strippers! FFS. Do you need a ticket or can you pay in at the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

i thought it was great. cant get enough of that sweet sweet free stuff.

and i had the greatest conversation with two complete strangers from kevin st.

we were there talking for 20 mins. for no apparent reason.

apparently there are like 4 guys in all of the nuitrition course in all the years. makes you think.

great day tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Andrewjdoyle

I suppose no matter what we put on some people will feel compelled to complain. It's probably their way of feeling better about their own inability to contribute to anything positive.

I'd just like to say that the Part-Time officers and all the helpers from all the sites worked very hard yesterday, and everyone I saw was having a great time. It's the best carnival we're had since I've been to DIT anyway, and although the official figure isn't in yet, I'd say we might have already raised the target of €20,000. LET'S TRY AND MAKE IT €40,000!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Was there anything on today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

definitely nothing went down in kevin st. was in aungier st in the evening and didn't see any "aftermath"... bolton st maybe?

definitely nothing went down in kevin st

Let's be honest, other than the occassional lunchtime bonanza nothing ever goes down at Kevin Street, we always lose out to Auinger street just because they have spangly doors and proper plants in their courtyard :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Dunners wrote:
    Let's be honest, other than the occassional lunchtime bonanza nothing ever goes down at Kevin Street, we always lose out to Auinger street just because they have spangly doors and proper plants in their courtyard :'(

DAMN RIGHT :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

It was pretty good alright, and I was well impressed with the Republic of Loose boys again. Who was the absolute dick with the megaphone? He was doing everybody's head in... you know the type, self important and making unfunny jokes he thinks are hilarious. Just because you have a megaphone son, doesn't mean you've got anything worth while to say.

Was that not the guy from the SU in charge of organising everything regarding RAG and jovialness? Forget his name but he's been there since long before I joined the coellge, didn't think he was too bad you need a bit of cheese to make such an event complete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Dunners wrote:

you're right but at least in kevin st you end up with a degree worth something :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

It was pretty good alright, and I was well impressed with the Republic of Loose boys again. Who was the absolute dick with the megaphone? He was doing everybody's head in... you know the type, self important and making unfunny jokes he thinks are hilarious. Just because you have a megaphone son, doesn't mean you've got anything worth while to say.

i know the guy you are talkin about. if its the guy i think it is, he wasnt supposed to have that.

it certainly annoyed me too

Advertisement