Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedy Gig Tonight

Options
  • 14-02-2006 6:22pm
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

If you're not doing anything else tonight, and you like a bit of comedy, there's a gig on in the Astra hall tonight. The doors are at 6.30 and there are drinks promotions on in the Forum Bar (or Centre Club if you like) beforehand.

The line-up is Simon O' Keeffe, Anne Gildea, Jarlath Regan, Dave McSavage and Andrew Stanley (MC).

Tickets are €6/€8.

Cheers.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Jarlath Reagan-irish answer to jimmy carr!!Funniest bloke ever,lived next door to him in first year!And he is mega cute to boot.....!;)

Hullabaloo-you should come up to the student bar after!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

panda100 wrote:
    Jarlath Reagan-irish answer to jimmy carr!!F

Well he would be except for the fact that Carr is completely Irish.

Not true-jimmy carr totally denies his Limerick roots and hates when he is called Irish.I have met him once or twice and this is fact.His dad is a millionare building contracter over in London and my dad knows him but Jimmy carr hasnt spoken to his dad in yers and completely denies his Irish roots.

So Jarlath is the Irish answer to jimmy c!V.sarcastic and dry but mega witty.I reccomend him to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

How dare you compare Jarleth Regan to Jimmy Carr?

Jarleth Regan is funny.

Jimmy Carr has an Irish passport. Ergo he is Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Sangre wrote:

I French kiss French poodles. Am I French?

I dunno. What does your passport say?

Passport withdrawn by the judge... to stop me going to France I suppose

Damn judges....

Oh yeah...one of those jokes.
    You remind of Carr boneless. Same crap over and over and over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i liked Carr when he first came on tv but he got very old very quick.

• Advertisement

Sangre wrote:

Well ha might hold an Irish passport.but he was born in England,lives in england and considers himself to be english.He does not like his Irish/limerick roots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

panda100 wrote:
    Well ha might hold an Irish passport.but he was born in England,lives in england and considers himself to be english.He does not like his Irish/limerick roots.

Then he's English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Did anyone go to this?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

fade2black wrote:
    Did anyone go to this?
    Unfortunately only about 100 people. It was a good gig, personally I don't like McSavage so I didn't watch too much of that but Jarleth was amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

What about Simon O Keefe...was he any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

that jarlath guy was v v good, and may i say vvvvv attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Sangre wrote:
    I have an Irish passport, and I am English, or at most Anglo-Irish, sunshine.

I'd love to have gone but wasn't able. Regan's fantastic, Stanley's always good, McSavage is McSavage. I'd assume it was fantastic.

I wish the Com Soc did more though.

Get an english passport then love.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I wish the Com Soc did more though.
    It's quality, not quantity. In fairness though, a couple of things have fallen through on us this semester (Dara O'Briain, Colin Murphy) but hopefully the OddBall will make up for it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Sangre wrote:
    Get an english passport then love.
    Costs a fortune mate, your Irish ones are the cheapeh!

What would be the point anyway? I am who I say I am, not what some piece of paper says.

besty wrote:
    It's quality, not quantity. In fairness though, a couple of things have fallen through on us this semester (Dara O'Briain, Colin Murphy) but hopefully the OddBall will make up for it! :D

Yeah but whenever I want to catch some comedy I have to head into the Inter, or the Ha'penny. Having some comedy in the (cheap-ish) student bar, would be cool.

Font22 wrote:
    that jarlath guy was v v good, and may i say vvvvv attractive.

Yeah but he's a real comic in the sense that there all v.dramatic,mood swings etc.So while he's pretty to look at,and funny to listen to every once in a while,you would NOT want to go out with him.
    Dave mc savage-meh,wouldnt pay in to see him if i can see him for free in grafton street.
    Please will comedy soc bring David O'Doherty,neil delemare and reuben the next time.......pity i missed the one last night.

I dislike McSavage, but in a comedy club he's very very funny. His vicious humour is let loose with no regard for anyone's feelings. Can be very, very funny.

The DO'D rocks. Saw him in Dalkey a couple of weeks ago. Reuben's cool too. So's Delamere.

Sangre wrote:
    Oh yeah...one of those jokes.
    You remind of Carr boneless. Same crap over and over and over again.

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?? Surely not from... oh, wait. It's sangre... same old scorp all over again... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I agree that DOD is the funniest guy going. Did anyone manage to see him when we got him in at the start of the year? I'll really push to get him back in for a gig before the end of the year!

Any other requests (within reason)?

Another DOD fan, eh? Wouldn't happen to be an old boy of a certain school down the road from UCD would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

That guy Jarlath Regan has really improved! Saw him at one of his 1st gigs a couple of years ago, for comedy soc, at that stage he was more like a filler act, but he was excellente on tuesday.

Still think McSavage is better, most comedian's deliver in similar styles, the guitar and his random outbursts with it, just bring something different!

Favourite Bits;

"I can make your body sound like this (q spanish guitar riff!)"

" You aren't from Iran are you?? (he says with the denim shirt still over his head)
    ......No, i'm from Saudi Arabia
    .........curse you GOD!!) "

Advertisement