Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a rock/metal/alt music club in Cork??

• 14-02-2006 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Following on from snofl8ke's thread there ealier I was wondering if there is a rock club in Cork? I know Led Zepplins and An Brog are alternative pubs, and I heard rumours of Nancy Spains and Cruiscin Lan. Anyone got any ideas? I remember being in Cork years ago and finding some class rock/industrial clubs but they are gone now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

you've really got them all there. then yo have the mutton lane which is just a pub that plays generally good rock music and preachers another pub which plays mostly commercial rock type music. oh and the quad.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭magicspatula

wheres the mutton lane? you could try freakscene too. its a nigtclub every wednesday above the brog. Used to be alot better but its no so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i am not a fan of freakscene at all. the dj is bollox. the mutton lane is on the mutton lane:D its a that tiny little alley next to burger king. come to think of it it's not really that hard rocking but man is it a nice bar. hoegarden on tap too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

new rock nite club opening in cork at the end of april so stay tuned
    www.purgatorycork.com for details

Advertisement