Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10/22

Options
  • 14-02-2006 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

everyone i talk to has modified it in some way ?

how does the off the shelf moddel shoot

What mods are nessicary and how much will it cost ?
    have heard of changeing barrel stock mags and just about every other part on the gun .... how much hassel is it to do,,what do those mods cost?

also cost of a plain rifle in ireland have heard of 100-200 in states but it seems too cheap to be the case over here..

do ye have any other views on the rifle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Absolutely nothing wrong with the stock model within it's limits.There are an est 3million plus of them out there used by everyone from Eskimoes to Indians in the Amazon jungle,who have never herad of custom work.If they are using it for surviving with them.It must be good.Work on it is easy,especially barrel change,and there are plenty of spares or custom parts out there.
    If you are goning to get one,start with a stock model and decide what you want for "bells &whistles" as you get used to it.Outshoot the gun.Then build somthing to outshoot you.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭seamusgi4szw

In our local club 20m sporting competitions, the winning shot has averaged 96/100 over the last two years with a bog standard 10/22 using ely practice or otherwise std cartridges. 2nd place twice went to a brno (cz452) average 94/100with the trigger done (£30.00). 3rd & 4th places went to 77/22's 90/91,s/100, one with a £70 trigger job the other with the sear polished with a drimmell???? and a lighter trigger spring, 50c in the hardware shop. Replace the trigger for target shooting, leave it alone (or polish the sear/trigger faces with a drimmell at your own risk.Leave the origional spring in. ) for field use.
    Buy the optonal mag release as the standard one is a pain. I think the scores speak for themselves, all three guns are excellant in accuracy dept' but I prefer the 77/22 for target as bolting the gun gives you time to think about the next shot and the laminate stock is flat and fits the palm well. If I was buying a gun for field use I would buy a cz452 synthetic ( no:1 son has one ) as they are indest:) ructable and very accurate and cost half as much as a Ruger with no trigger job needed and no sloppy bolt as in the 77/22.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭seamusgi4szw

PS. Tanyoky guns has a beautifull laminated stock/thumbhole/ target trigger fitted etc etc:D carbine 10/22 for sale, if its not gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

There's an add in this months Shooting Sports:
    Southern Rifle And Optics
    Hennessy's Road
    Waterford

They say they will build you a custom 10/22 and that they have loads of parts - barells etc. available.

Add is aimed at taret shooting but I suppose they'll obviously do anything.

I might give them a ring and call down this week.

Anyone have any experience of them - good or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

Scout: I said this before here twice I think :rolleyes: but Jeffers in Bandon quoted me €470 for a bog standard 10/22 :eek: :mad:

rimfirecentral has a truely amazing amount of info on these guns.

• Advertisement
Advertisement