Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

central locking problem: VW Golf

Options
  • 14-02-2006 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

I have central locking (key, no remote) on my '98 Golf. On the drivers door I can lock the car but I can't unlock it from this door. To unlock the car I have to use the key in the passengers side door.

Anyone any idea what I need to do to fix this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Modern VW door locks are notoriously troublesome, I have spent many hours trying to fix them only to find that five seconds later they stop working for no apparent reason. My advice is take it to a panel beater who has a bit of time to play with the locks and they will probably sort it for you, but do be prepared for trouble with them on a regular basis....VW's aren't what they used to be I afraid.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

junkyard wrote:
    VW's aren't what they used to be I afraid.:(

Yeah, they never used to have central locking, that's why it never went wrong:D

Seriously though, nearly everyone I know who has/had a mkIV golf has had this problem, some dealers have been helpful, some have not. What part of the country are you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RacerBabe

Here's a number for someone who might be able to help....this guy looks after
    all my mates cars and is brilliant at what he does 0861905421 Gary

His website is under constuction but heres the addy anyway www.aaasystems.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

or you could fit an alarm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭trent

Thanks for feedback. Brought it to local garage. Mechanic said it was the barrel in the lock that was gone and he took the chassis no. and contacted VW to get replacement barrel to fit my key. Should cost about €60 and be delivered late next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

cool! a happy ending

Advertisement