Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Momentary lapse of reason

Options
  • 14-02-2006 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else here feel that it was as a result of a momentary lapse of reason they picked the course subjects they did???

I should have done history of art :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

boneless wrote:
    Does anyone else here feel that it was as a result of a momentary lapse of reason they picked the course subjects they did???

I should have done history of art :(

I don't think it would be fair to blame Pink Floyd for your choice. I don't think the album was that influential.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Why oh why did i pick psychology as a minor, I hate hate hate it. I tried to convince myself it was interesting but its not. Everyone else seems to like it though. And of course I left it too late to change.

I love my Irish course.. the whole speaking Irish, going to lectures as gaeilge speakin to new mates as gaeilge and the like is wonderful but one half of the course is just so dull and its so hard to keep myself interested and motivated.

I really like my other two subjects Linguistics and Irish studies. I kinda wished I had picked Irish folklore or history of art instead of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

no u dont history of art is bolox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Scraggs wrote:
    Why oh why did i pick psychology as a minor, I hate hate hate it. I tried to convince myself it was interesting but its not. Everyone else seems to like it though. And of course I left it too late to change.

Are you doing the psychology modules this term, Scraggs?

I'm doing Comp Sci and I'm happy with it thus far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Scraggs wrote:
    I love my Irish course.. the whole speaking Irish, going to lectures as gaeilge speakin to new mates as gaeilge and the like is wonderful but one half of the course is just so dull and its so hard to keep myself interested and motivated

the course has clearly changed for modularisation. finishing up my BA in irish this year. worst mistake i made tbh. all old literature bollocks. my understanding of the language itself is no better than it was when i started.
    and my appreciation is even less. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I picked Intro to Soc and Emergence of Soc as electives last semester. Ended up skipping all (bar 3) of the lectures. Regretted that later, because they seem to have been quite interesting. Ah well, live and learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Litcagral wrote:
    I don't think it would be fair to blame Pink Floyd for your choice. I don't think the album was that influential.:D

That was one of the bad Floyd albums... it deserves blaming!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I kinda wish I hadn't picked philosophy, since it's a loada me bollix...:v:

Seraphina wrote:
    the course has clearly changed for modularisation. finishing up my BA in irish this year. worst mistake i made tbh. all old literature bollocks. my understanding of the language itself is no better than it was when i started.
    and my appreciation is even less. :(

Jeez, what are you gonna do with that degree?! :eek: You gonna become an Irish teacher? How if you don't know Irish too good?

Or will you just go for a totally different career?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

What does anyone do with an Arts degree tbh? ;)

• Advertisement

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Sell it to Andrex.

Pythia wrote:

We cook your meals. We haul your trash. We connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep.
    Do not fúck with us.

>_>
    <_<

we teach ur kids

thats the most worrying imo

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Pythia wrote:
    "Would you like fries with that?" :p

Or with my eventual Comp Sci degree... "Have you got a GAME reward card?"

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rasher_b2

I'm doing the BA computer science course. I like the computer science course but the arts one sucks...a lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Glad I picked Geography, glad I picked Information Studies but I regret picking Sociology however I'm only saying this because I failed it twice but at the time it was what I wanted to do. This year I'm relieved that I chose Archaeology over Economics and Italian.... I got that one spot on thank god!

rasher_b2 wrote:
    I'm doing the BA computer science course. I like the computer science course but the arts one sucks...a lot!

Should've taken the science one, with all its mathsy goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

My course has set subjects apart from one choice so I can't really regret anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i wish i hadnt gone to ucd and done arts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

picking biochemistry = bad decision :mad:

sucks

also choosing to do 2nd year and not choosing to skip straight to third year (purely in my head) was also a bad idea:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well I'm in 2nd year for the 2nd time... this time is much better than last time!
    And BSc CS is far better than BA CS :p

Waltons wrote:
    We cook your meals. We haul your trash. We connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep.
    Do not fúck with us.

>_>
    <_<
    Let's see how cocky they are when they're doin technical support and listenin to stupid old women complaining about how in their day things were alot simpler :p

pfft, BSc... :rolleyes: *spit*

And BSc CS is far better than BA CS :p

I'm sorry, the needle seems to be stuck on this record :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I regret choosing Commercial Law alright....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Love my course, amybe Id be happier in BBLS, I dont know - the extra yr would be nice, but I am happy with my course and wouldnt change it in the morning if somehow I wouldnt have to pay or repeat anything

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I don't regret picking any of my subjects really given the alternatives. It doesn't really matter what I study anyway, I'm always going to hate work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I'm doing TP, so I don't have a choice in subjects, though I 'll probably change into single honour Exp. physics in 3rd year instead of TP.
    But I can't say I regret my choice of course

Advertisement