Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finlay

• 14-02-2006 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

What do you guys think of Finlay? His gimmick is a bit cliched but it's apparent that anyone hailing from the island of Ireland would be marketed as such. I wonder what his political orientation is? Yeah I know. That sounds bad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think he's a great wrestler, been a fan of his for a good while. Really nice to see a style other than what you're accustomed to on tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

yeah, he grand.... despite the fact his nearly killed the juniors... hehehehe

but that might not be a bad thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

i like him. Those uppercut forearm's he does look insane real. You just know him and angle would have a great battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I'm really liking him at the moment, would love to see him get in the mix for the u.s. title. Or stick him in a fued with Hardcore Holly and watch the two old bastards kill each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i thought he was going to be terrible when i heard about the irish gimmick, but him being irish he probably helped keep it from going where i thought it was going. in ring i think he's great, it's a joy to see such intensity coupled with ability, i don't care if he's old i want to see him around for a while

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TripleB

I don't care! He's Irish and that good enough reason for us to like him! A lot of people (myself included) really only have an interest in the premiership just to watch the Irish lads....Why should wrestling be any different??

If ya smell...la....la....la.....lell....What Finley IS COOKING

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

TripleB wrote:
    He's Irish and that good enough reason for us to like him!

even if he was ****, just being Irish would be a reason to like him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Finlay is one my preferred characters in WWE recently. I hope he's around for a while and stays injury free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TripleB

Mossy Monk wrote:
    even if he was ****, just being Irish would be a reason to like him?

dunno what ur even trying to say in the first part there.

And yes of course it would, Do you not like/follow the Irish players in the premiership?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

So ya beaut, as you are such a big fan of an Irish wrestler, you will be happy to know there are 3 promotions here in Ireland FULL of Irish wrestlers. I dont quite understand your premiership anaolgy though.

• Advertisement

TripleB wrote:
    dunno what ur even trying to say in the first part there.

And yes of course it would, Do you not like/follow the Irish players in the premiership?

"oh i think i will buy an inferior product just because it is Irish". are you one of those people? if something is crap then it isnt worth it no matter what nationality it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I agree with TripleB. It's good to root for your countrymen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't necessarily agree with that. For example, if Mark Henry were Irish, I'd feel kinda embarrassed that such a **** wrestler is being shown all over the world and people know that he's Irish and that he's crap

Of course, that's not the case with Fit at all, he's an extremely good wrestler, otherwise he wouldn't have trained guys for WCW and WWE. Although it's good to bear something in mind, he's from Northern Ireland. Triple B, do you like/follow the Northern Irish players in the Premiership?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Mark Henry's being doing alright recently, I hope against hope that he might get a new contract

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I think Finlay is a good wrestler and I'd rather see someone like him come into the WWE then someone with a stupid gimmick and no tallent. We've seen way to many of them in recent years.

Cactus Col wrote:
    Mark Henry's being doing alright recently, I hope against hope that he might get a new contract
    grounds for barring if ever i saw it ;), mark henry is only beaten to top of the poll for worst wrestler ever by drew careys appearance at the royal rumble a few years ago, and at leats drew carey was funny.

finlay is miles better than henry, how did we get here.

mark henry is only beaten to top of the poll for worst wrestler ever by drew careys appearance at the royal rumble a few years ago, and at leats drew carey was funny

that opinion is quite harsh but also very true :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

finlay put in a brilliant performance last night at no way out. nothing flash, just pure old school type moves that really look effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

have to disagree with J.R. as carey should be lower on the worst list than mark henry simply due to the intelligence he showed at the rumble. knowing he couldn't beat kane he tried to bribe him didn't work but good thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rebelsbells2005

im a big fan of finlay, pity hes nearly 50 tho!! would love to see him feud with benoit and turn face and have an entertaining feud with JBL

• Advertisement

wonder if they'll do anything special with him in a few weeks for paddys day which is on a friday this year, ye know "friday" night smackdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

well they do have a good feud lined up for him if last night was anything to go by. maybe it'll come to a head on paddy's day.

Advertisement