Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setting Up Outlook 2003 for multiple logins

• 14-02-2006 9:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭

Hi

I need to setup Outlook 2003 for two different logins but using the same Outlook.pst for both logins (same person, just one login is on a domain the other is local acc.).

The user has admin rights on laptop (XP Pro) so it was easy to set Outlook to use just one .pst file and that aspect works fine, e-mail received in one login is available in the other etc.

The problem is in getting the Address Book that was setup in one login and making it available in the other. Here I draw a blank, can't figure this one out?

Could someone please explain to me how this is done? Is it something to do with .wab files? I have been wreaking my head trying to figure this out and have until tomorrow when they return from holidays to get this configured.

Any help would be greatfully received

:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

The easiest and in my opinion best option would be to simply export all address book contacts to an outlook contacts folder. Outlook contacts are stored in the pst file so will be available under both accounts.

There is a way to do what you described though. If you insist, I will tell you but I dont know why people use address books anymore when outlook contacts is a far superior way of storing your contacts.

Hth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

By the way, if you go with what I said you will need to enable the contacts folder as an outlook address book so the user can access contacts from within an email (ie: clicking the 'To' button etc).

To do this, right click on the contacts folder > hit properties > Select the 'Outlook Address Book' tab > and tick the box beside 'Show this folder as an email address book.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Philbert wrote:
    By the way, if you go with what I said you will need to enable the contacts folder as an outlook address book so the user can access contacts from within an email (ie: clicking the 'To' button etc).

To do this, right click on the contacts folder > hit properties > Select the 'Outlook Address Book' tab > and tick the box beside 'Show this folder as an email address book.'

You are a star Philbert, helped me save whats left of my hair..:D

Think I lead you astray a bit by saying Address Book though as it was the Outlook Contacts option I was using. I had written a better/more detailed post but this got lost in cyberspace when I tried to upload it and I had to start again.

Thanks for your help.

:)

Advertisement