Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

InMe

• 14-02-2006 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hey, we got any InMe fans on the boards? I absolutely loved Overgrown Eden and when I heard White Butterfly, I realised what a truly amazing band they are. What do y'all think about em?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

horrible band. remember before the came out metal hammer and kerrang hyped them up beyond all belief. metal hammer went as far as to see they'd feature inme in every few issues to follow their rise to fame and glory.

then the album came out. and it was a stinker with 3 solid songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

horrible band. remember before the came out metal hammer and kerrang hyped them up beyond all belief. metal hammer went as far as to see they'd feature inme in every few issues to follow their rise to fame and glory.

then the album came out. and it was a stinker with 3 solid songs.

A serious case of 'Don't Believe The Hype'.Really weak band.Nearly more annoying then The Darkness and Keane,if thats possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Ah that singers voice, terrible terrible voice,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

The amount of hype surrounding a band has no relation to how good or bad a band is, one way or the other. Yet simply because they've been touted as amazing by every piece-of-crap metal/rock rag, all the 'cool' kids seem to hate them on principle.

InMe are a good band, believe it or believe it not. White Butterfly has 6 or 7 superb tracks on it. But I'll admit, it seems a little filler-heavy, but that's just because nearly every copy of the album in Ireland includes 1-2 slightly weaker bonus tracks, which I could forgive them for.
    They're great live and they've an excellent vocalist. The lyrics may seem trite, but that should only bother the very cynical.

Personally I'm not hung up about what MH and Kerrang say, so I've no problem whatsoever liking this band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

I had the unfortunate bad luck to buy overgrown eden on a whim in HMV one day (had never even heard of the band before). Think i listened to it twice. Terrible, terrible album. And that voice, jesus. Sounds like an 11 year old boy mating with an alley cat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

The amount of hype surrounding a band has no relation to how good or bad a band is, one way or the other. Yet simply because they've been touted as amazing by every piece-of-crap metal/rock rag, all the 'cool' kids seem to hate them on principle.

InMe are a good band, believe it or believe it not. White Butterfly has 6 or 7 superb tracks on it. But I'll admit, it seems a little filler-heavy, but that's just because nearly every copy of the album in Ireland includes 1-2 slightly weaker bonus tracks, which I could forgive them for.
    They're great live and they've an excellent vocalist. The lyrics may seem trite, but that should only bother the very cynical.

Personally I'm not hung up about what MH and Kerrang say, so I've no problem whatsoever liking this band.

So your argument is basically that it got panned because it was overhyped/popular?God the irony.

I don't read MH or Kerrang.I can tell you that I didn't like it because the lyrics could only appeal to some blushing 14 year old girls.In short it was trash,hype or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Orizio wrote:
    So your argument is basically that it got panned because it was overhyped/popular?God the irony.

I don't read MH or Kerrang.I can tell you that I didn't like it because the lyrics could only appeal to some blushing 14 year old girls.In short it was trash,hype or not.
    I wouldn't necessarily call it an 'argument', I'm simply stating the facts as I see them.

I'm not basing my opinion solely on the hype factor. You and I both know that there is always a knee-jerk reaction against any kind of hype, amongst many music fans, regardless of the actual quality of the music in question.

Okay, so you don't like voice or the lyrics. I personally think he's got himself a really unique and powerful voice. I'm sure people have said the very same thing as you have about Billy Corgan's voice; who I would liken him to. I don't see what anyone's issue with the vocals is. He sounds excellent on their live cover of "Creep", if you need proof.

Lyrically you can't dig them, eh? I can. Maybe the lyrics seem immature/trite, but like I said, lyrics aren't necessarily make or break. I think they're pretty decent, at least as good as most rock bands; a bit of lyrical honesty and sensitivity never bothered me too much.

You can't fault the guitar-work if straight-up, heavy rock appeals to you, either. If I were a betting man, I'd wager that they've probably got more talent than you, in any case, so eh, lay off, eh?

Good band - don't resent the hype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Overgrown eden = pure class, white butterfly or whatnot was cack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Both albums are excellent. OE is a little suicidal but Neptune & Crushed Like Fruit are great tracks. With white butterfly they really have evolved. It's one of the few albums I can listen to without having to skip a track. Pity about Joe leaving though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

this first album was alright. a few decent songs on there but the new stuff is just the same as the rest of the crap comin out these days from those emo bands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Loved them when Overgrown Eden came out, it was a class album. But i hate their new ****, they completely sold out. They WANT TO get endless radio and video rotation.

Advertisement