Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating for fitness...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

This is a great thread, I found it very helpful as someone starting back into a healthy/fit lifestyle.

Might be worth stickying.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Holy thread necromancy Batman!!!

Still i am happy as i'd never visited this forum back when it was written, and is packed with valuable information that can still be used without problem. Gonna have to follow alot of the advise given as i've let my own diet slip down a bad slope recently and want to mend it:)

Now off to find yet more alternative protein sources other than meat and fish :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

This is a great thread, I found it very helpful as someone starting back into a healthy/fit lifestyle.

Might be worth stickying.

Some of the posts are already stickied if I remember correctly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

I was just wondering if Sardines in oil are as good for you as tinned tuna?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

joewicklow wrote: »
    I was just wondering if Sardines in oil are as good for you as tinned tuna?

Sardines are nutritionally superior all the way around which isn't to sat that tuna's bad, but sardines have more EFA's and the bones are great food. I do eat tuna, but sardines more.

"ounce for ounce, sardines provide more calcium and phosphorus than milk, more protein than steak, more potassium than bananas, and more iron than cooked spinach."

"The Unsung Sardine," Author James Villas

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I know tesco is an utter kip but they're selling own brand sardines at the moment for something like 58 cent a can.I bought dozens of em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Lidl also have them, and they're even cheaper, at thirty something cent a can.

Like Degsy, I bought a trawler load :D

Advertisement