Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunny Boarding

Options
  • 15-02-2006 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere that does rabbit boarding in the Dublin area (or failing that Wicklow, Kildare or Meath)?

Have been looking on the internet but not having much luck...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I'm not sure of any in the Wicklow area but mabey ask at a few vets in your area and sometimes pet shops have them advertised too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You could pm Hadook shes a member on here - she may be able to help you or may possibly know of a good pet shop that does boarding. I would suggest that you make sure your bunny has its vaccinations if you are boarding it just to protect your loved pet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Had this problem some time ago too. I had to pay a veternarian that does boarding €10/day + get vaccinations to make this happen.

I also had to provide the food (the rabbit is used to) as a change in diet can be catastrophic to a rabbit.

I managed to get this boarding as a favour - so you probably need to try 10-12 veterernarians in your area to get one to board a rabbit.

I'm in Tipperary but board rabbits and guinea pigs (not together of course)

guneapigrescue123@eircom.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Dilly

I would also be interested in hearing of any recommendations if anyone comes across them. I did see a place online which is based in Loughlinstown but I have no experience of them so can't say what they are like.

Tipperary, however, might be a nicer place for a couple of buns to holiday :D

• Advertisement

Tipperary is in the back of beyonds but that does mean countryside any boarders are kept in the house (unless owners want otherwise) and we have large runs for them outside if we get the weather. We are 5 miles from the main Dub/Cork road just past Urlingford, it's a home from home set up so critters are made feel secure and relaxed.

Advertisement