Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearm shipping

Options
  • 15-02-2006 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭

I am trying to ship my rifle from Australia- paperwork is in order, the only problem is shipping recently Australia post stopped shipping firearms and the Gun shop in Australia cannot find a courier company that will bring the rifle all the way to Ireland - shipping to the UK seems to be fine its just the last bit that they seem to be having difficulty with.

Has anyone on the boards used courier companies to move their guns?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

I recently shipped a pistol from Germany to EI, I sopke at length with the German Dealer he informed me that NO courier companies ie DHL ,TNT etc will ship firearms , my only option was the postal service. I made some enquires here and he was in right. I remeber seeing a ad in some UK mag with details of a shipping agent in London, I will look it up tonight and PM you with the details

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Just the standard Irish parcel post Trauma. They shipped right to my door from Germany. Albiet without my knowlege... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

UK Cross Border Couriers if its any help

http://www.ukgundealer.com/import.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

As promised
    www.pbs-int.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Thanksguys, I will tell you how I got on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

How did this go for you in the end Traumadoc?

Advertisement