Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband cock-up - your thoughts?

• 15-02-2006 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I've just recieved my monthly statement via e-mail from this joke of a company who i would gladly tell to f*ck off only for the no contract thing because i have a house move coming up.

Anyway I open the pdf file attached to my e-mail and they have sent me the invoice for a guy in Limerick now I don't know what to do with this but I know that if someone else got my details in an e-mail I wouldn't be too impressed.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭kellxor.1337

I'd say reply to them askin them What the f**k do they think there doin, Fair enough you have no contract but passng on personal information is a Big No-No, Is his e-mail address on the file you got by any chane, If so ask him if he got your statement

Kellxor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mr.r

:cool: I was with IBB for about 10 months and changed to NTL, much better. They sent me out about 5 different statements. Of all kinds of amounts. I still owed them about 350euro but told them to F%$£ Off. Their service was supposed to be 2mb but I was gettin speeds of about 100-200k a lot of the time. I told them I had a log of all theses speeds and the customer service was rubbish. They closed my account and didnt charge me the rest. Thanks to Irishisp test for the log of my speeds. I would advise anyopne to just tell them to bugger off.http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/images/smilies/cool.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dvoakes

i don't have an e-mail address for him just a house address. if i knew that he was as disappointed with their service as i was then i'd try to get in touch with him and see if he fancied double teaming IBB. There's no point in writing them an e-mail is there, if reading other people's experiences is anything to go by i won't get a reply anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Print out the statement that IBB gave you and post it to the guy who's statement it is. Let him know that IBB are in breach of the data protection act by giving his details to other random customers. Ask if he has yours. You could also report them to Comreg (fat lot of good that'll do) and the data protection commissioner.

It's probably just a simple mistake, but since you didn't get your statement, God only knows who did.

The address in Limerick wouldn't be in The Grange would it? I know two people there on IBB (one is getting shot of them for Smart in the next few weeks).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

Send the bill on to the individual, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to receive it.

In the twelve months I was with them I never once received any invoices. I only got one lousy email from them to say that the problem I was experiencing with sub 56k modem speeds was resolved when it clearly hadn't been. I'm no longer a customer and they haven't got any money out of my bank account but in the past 24 hours I've received two calls from them about sending an engineer around to optimise my connection this weekend.

The individual that called this morning was told to send the engineer on Saturday - If they show they'll be told to take the piece of dirt off of the roof while they're optimising the non existant connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Does anyone know if signing up for a connection is under the same protection (from the consumer act of whenever) as buying something in a shop? IE do you get a 'cooling off' period? Or can you return within x number of days? Ive had IBB 14 days now and its pissing me off to no extent, its awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Talisman wrote:
    Send the bill on to the individual, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to receive it.

In the twelve months I was with them I never once received any invoices. .[/URL]

this is all news to me i have been with them ages and never have got any invoices am i supposed to ? I am on 2mb breeze, but have been using the irish isp speed test and it never gets over 1 mb, having read the collating complaints thread I have to say i am getting a little concerned !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I had ripwave for three days in September 2005. In December I received an email with a bill for eur0.00

Then I got a few emails from people in support, blank emails but they had been CC'd to a LOT of customers!

Yesterday I got a bill from them for something like 20 quid, I sent an angry email back and to be fair, the guy who dealt with it was really nice and apologised, turns out they took money off my credit card already but they'll refund it. Whether they do or not is a different matter :)

Oh and they bad mouthed Beyond 2000 (where i bought the ripwave modem) , they said 'obviously they didn't feel it necessary to inform us you had cancelled'. Very businesslike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Irish Broadband are just a pure example of the generally bad customer service for anything in Ireland. Just try the Dell Ireland hotline which ends up in Belfast...They told me to set my jumpers wrong for IDE and it took a google search to find out the right answer =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Boro wrote:
    Does anyone know if signing up for a connection is under the same protection (from the consumer act of whenever) as buying something in a shop? IE do you get a 'cooling off' period? Or can you return within x number of days? Ive had IBB 14 days now and its pissing me off to no extent, its awful.

There is a cooling off period for services, and it's 7 days. It's not designed to be a trial period so the time starts when you order.

• Advertisement

right i'll print out the invoice today and send it off to the lad. I'll stick a short note in with it telling him what happened. I'm not impressed that someone else may have my contact Information and i'm sure when he finds out he won't be impressed either.

jor el wrote:
    The address in Limerick wouldn't be in The Grange would it? I know two people there on IBB (one is getting shot of them for Smart in the next few weeks).

No it's not but I'd say other peoples invoices are sent all over the place. As a company what can I say an absolute joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Blaster99 wrote:
    There is a cooling off period for services, and it's 7 days. It's not designed to be a trial period so the time starts when you order.
    I wasnt intending it as a trial period - i was wondering if i had some support for getting out of the service sooner, rather than later. Thx anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

dvoakes wrote:
    I've just recieved my monthly statement via e-mail from this joke of a company who i would gladly tell to f*ck off only for the no contract thing because i have a house move coming up.

Anyway I open the pdf file attached to my e-mail and they have sent me the invoice for a guy in Limerick now I don't know what to do with this but I know that if someone else got my details in an e-mail I wouldn't be too impressed.

Any ideas?
    what was his first name??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

afraid the 7 days cooling of starts from the day you sign the contract not from when the service is installed..I had the same problem, signed up with them October 2005 and they did not install until the begin of Jan 06 so i was fooked.

I have cancelled the direct debit anyway and currently trying to get them to remove their $hite from my house but its proving difficult..

good luck with them

Boro wrote:
    I wasnt intending it as a trial period - i was wondering if i had some support for getting out of the service sooner, rather than later. Thx anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

We had it in the office when we moved in a year ago and we had no trouble with it at all, in fact it was really good. THEN they started the hardcore selling with the TV ads etc and it went to total ****e. It got so bad that we had to cancel it, it just wasn't usable most of the time. We moved to Digiweb who have been excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

meglome wrote:
    We had it in the office when we moved in a year ago and we had no trouble with it at all, in fact it was really good. THEN they started the hardcore selling with the TV ads etc and it went to total ****e. It got so bad that we had to cancel it, it just wasn't usable most of the time. We moved to Digiweb who have been excellent.

meglome,

did you have any problems changing over to Digiweb etc? We're moving and are looking at getting broadband in and are looking at digiweb and maybe breeze.

Cheers in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

If yer in Blanch avoid IBB`s breze it sucks.

Advertisement