Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenor banjo???

Options
  • 15-02-2006 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

hi lads,
    Would anyone know where i could get a simple chord chart for the tenor banjo, i got one as a gift last year and havent touched it yet, i think its time i start giving it a go

cheers
    david(Gracehopper)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

Shame on you! A quick google of 'tenor banjo lessons' and 'tenor banjo chords' brought up multiple hundreds of sites!

I bought a Fender 5-string a year ago and haven't done a dang thing with it yet. :rolleyes:
    I'm scared that it's more complicated than bass, guitar, and drums put together. :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Rustar wrote:
    Shame on you! A quick google of 'tenor banjo lessons' and 'tenor banjo chords' brought up multiple hundreds of sites!

I bought a Fender 5-string a year ago and haven't done a dang thing with it yet. :rolleyes:
    I'm scared that it's more complicated than bass, guitar, and drums put together. :v:

yeah the first week i got it i tryed to transpose guitar chords, triads etc.. but i think i didnt play it because i bought a brand new guitar in around that time too. I seen footage of a bluegrass guy playing the other night and have been dying to play ever since. My banjo isnt however for bluegrass, it's more for trad & folk. The fender 5 string would be for bluegrass though, does your one have the base string that olny goes half way up the neck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

The fender 5 string would be for bluegrass though, does your one have the base string that olny goes half way up the neck?

Yup, although it's not actually a bass string....it's tuned an octave higher than the third string! It's used a lot for drones but can be fretted.

Advertisement