Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bringing cars in from eastern europe

Options
  • 15-02-2006 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

i was talkingto a latvian guy recently who purchased a bmw 530d for 35000e in Latvia
    the car is brand new and is inc of the highest spec
    i was thinking of going over there and buying one for myself
    Is there anything I should know before I make the journey!?
    thanks lads

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The important thing is that you would have to live there for at least 6 months (with the car) before you could bring it back here and avoid the VRT.
    Read the Importing from the UK - Definitive Guide sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Yes,

Car = €35000
    VRT = €17634
    VAT = €11050

Total = €63,687

Plus associated (travel) expenses, to have a left hand drive car.

*note, these are very basic sums, and would most likely fall shy of the real cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

i was talkingto a latvian guy recently who purchased a bmw 530d for 35000e in Latvia
    the car is brand new and is inc of the highest spec

That price looks implausible to me or did your friend buy it without Latvian VAT (18%)? The standard 530d without any options ticked lists for €38k excl. 16% VAT in Germany (No VRT) so the ex-VAT price makes sense

If he bought without VAT (company owned car?), how come he is allowed to ship the car out of the country?

Advertisement