Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long for a 10 as far as Donnybrook

• 15-02-2006 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

I'm changing jobs in the next fortnight and moving from Middle Abbey Street to Donnybrook. Up to now I've been getting the train and a Luas from Heuston. My options now are to drive from Kildare Town to the new place (right opposite the pitch and Longs), or to add a 10 bus trip onto my existing public transport commute. I've a good idea at this stage of what it takes from MAS to home, but I've no idea what time I'd need to factor in for the two rush hour bus trips.

Anyone got an idea how long it takes a 10 to go from O'Connell Street to Donnybrook in the morning and back in the evening?

Any advice much appreciated!

Incidentally the drive home from Donnybrook took 2 hours starting at 5pm last night in the rain.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

About 15-25mns. 46A/B/C/D 145 746 are a bit quicker to Donnybrook than the 10. No shortage of buses going that way so more than a 5min wait is unusual. There are also a few 46A from Heuston in the mornings (08.40 09.20 09.25 timetabled and I think there may be a few others) that would take you directly to Donnybrook. The 92 to/from Leeson St would also be useful depending on timing as it follows the 46A route so you can change at one stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

Don't get a 10 to Donnybrook from the City Centre as it takes a detour via Baggot Street. Get a 46A/B/C/D/E, 145, 746 as these are more direct and the combined service is very very frequent. Other routes which serve Donnybrook would be the 32X, 41X, 58C, 58X, 7B, 7D, 84X, 116, 117, 118 which are peak hour extras along the lines of the 46C/D/E.

I would seriously consider getting the 92 from Heuston to Leeson Street and changing on to a 46A et al there. Journey time is approx 20/30mins from Heuston.

92 info can be found at: http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=92

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

There are also the 25X, 66X, 67X and possibly more that go past Heuston in the morning and through Donnybrook (on their way to UCD). No bus changes necessary if the times work for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Thanks for all of that guys! I presume the 46<whatevers> stop there between Longs and Kielys too.

Yes, all stops are served in Donnybrook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Thanks guys - it seems the mornings are well catered for. Any ideas what the options back to Heuston are? Anyone do this run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Would a fold-up bike be an option for you? You could take it on the train (I used to see a guy get off the train in Heuston, unfold the bike and off he went) and it would have great flexibility. And exercise.
    I realise that Donnybrook is far enough on such a bike. Just trying to think outside the box a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

aodh_rua wrote:
    Thanks guys - it seems the mornings are well catered for. Any ideas what the options back to Heuston are? Anyone do this run?

Your best bets are:
    66X 1650* From Belfield to Straffan Road
    25X 1705 From Belfield to Lucan
    25X 1720 From Belfield to Lucan

They get you from Donnybrook to Heuston on one bus. Note Xpresso services are a premium service, so either have a season ticket or expect to pay more.

The alternative is anybus to Westmoreland Street and the 90/92 to Heuston from Aston Quay.

I say you would do it in 45 mins approx from Donnybrook to Heuston. I used to allow 60 mins from Stillorgan to Heuston when I lived out there a few years ago.

Advertisement