Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Haughey....WTF?

Options
  • 15-02-2006 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭

Listening to Pat Kenny on the radio this morning. His 'roving-reporter' Valerie Cox was talking to him live from Artane and going on about how the people of Artane were 'outraged' that Sean Haughey was passed over by Bertie for promotion yesterday and that they were saying that Bertie 'would be in big trouble' for doing this.

I mean WTF?

The people of Artane are outraged about Pat Butterly opening a night-club on the 25th Anniversery of the Stardust disaster.

The people of Artane are outraged about the shocking state of Beaumont Hospital's A&E Department.

But I seriously doubt that the people of Artane are outraged because Sean Haughey didn't receive a junior minstership.

Something rotten in the state of Montrose anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭ivan087

i dont rate Valerie Cox very highly as a journalist. her reports always stink of poor research and her own opinions. therefore i'd expect she'll get her own show before long!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Seems that Bertie wants to replace imcompetents with...

Gone past his sellby date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sean Haughey is looking to throw his rattle out of the pram. He's on RTE right now complaining about being passed over (without actualy complaining).

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm from Artane... I'm pretty sure I'm not outraged... if you give a minute I'll go ask my neighbour how they feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

is it just me or does haughey sound gay?? i hear he has a wife though so theres no chance that he is gay.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

is it just me or does haughey sound gay?? i hear he has a wife though so theres no chance that he is gay.;)

what does that have to do with anything :confused:

I too am outraged, as some donegal man has been put in charge of dublin transport....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

He certainly does have a rather effeminate voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I'm from Artane... I'm pretty sure I'm not outraged... if you give a minute I'll go ask my neighbour how they feel.
    Are the neighbours outraged or apathetic?

Sean Haughey's supporters seem to thimk he can trade on his family name.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

smashey wrote:
    What, his family's name of wasting the public purse on fancy shirts or taking massive bribes or not bothering to pay AIB their money back? I'm sorry, but the Haughey must surely be worthless or next to worthless nowadays. I'm not saying you're saying it is btw! I believe Haughey is respected for his constituency work but I wouldn't imagine the peeps in Artane care much for his old man, and if they do then I can't really feel any sympathy for 'em.

monkeyfudge, how is he perceived in the area and do people really care about his family name?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

smashey wrote:
    Are the neighbours outraged or apathetic?

he's done alright with it for the last 15 years, actually the sins of the father dont seem to have affected him at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Nuttzz wrote:
    he's done alright with it for the last 15 years, actually the sins of the father dont seem to have affected him at all

Don't forget he did good things as well - free OAP travel etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Don't forget he did good things as well - free OAP travel etc
    It was his job to do "good" things, its hardly something to be that impressed by, especially considering the "bad" things he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Ray777 wrote:
    He certainly does have a rather effeminate voice.
    He has a Cleft-Pallet, you can hardly blame the poor guy for that!

But this story has been stringing out on RTE all day - PK, Liveline and was even the headline story on 5-7 Live.

Is it just me or does anyone sense shadowy hands pulling at the strings of the media and calling in old favours?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

whole thing seems pretty simple to me. bertie ****ting himself over the next election and doesnt want to connect himself in ANY way to the haughey name in case some cromagnon floating voter is put off voting for FF because he doesnt know the difference between him and his father.

on the surface i know that sounds daft but theres alot of people who vote who DONT know much about the candidates and something that trivial could make a difference. and with internal FF surveys saying they'll lose 20+ seats bertie wont want to make any waves.

personally i reckon after the next election if FF are still in power haughey will get a FULL ministery to make up for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It's just Bertie making decisions that he feels will benefit the party best. He doesn't care if Haughey is unhappy with it. The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Zaph0d

But this story has been stringing out on RTE all day - PK, Liveline and was even the headline story on 5-7 Live.

Is it just me or does anyone sense shadowy hands pulling at the strings of the media and calling in old favours?
    I am confused too. Why is this a story? Little Ronnie Haughey not selected for minor job when press said he would be. So what? RTE surely picks stories on interest value and who cares or knows about any govt job below minister?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Wicknight wrote:
    It was his job to do "good" things, its hardly something to be that impressed by, especially considering the "bad" things he did.

Yes but he did a lot of them, and he would still be liked by the old and coastal people.

Would have thought that the perceived problem is whether or not Callely has had any part in the non-selection.

OK now I get it- they are in the same constituency.

How could Callely have any influence given the way he burnt his bridges on the way out and proved himself unfit in many areas during his tenure?

Zaph0d wrote:
    How could Callely have any influence given the way he burnt his bridges on the way out and proved himself unfit in many area during his tenure?

Big vote winner in the past.

• Advertisement

So he might threaten to stand as an independent?

Sile DeValera is being told to resign her junior Ministery by Bertie today (she's not standing at the next election) so he's looking to repair the damage - but in a most hamfisted fashion. The boy is loosing his touch.

Mike.

I still don't understand why Sean Haughey felt he was owed this job and why everyone else seemed to agree.

He felt he was being given the nod via media briefings, and as it was'nt true he's pissed off no-one (ie whips office, Ahern) wised him up.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Gaussian

I think Bertie has lived up to what CJ said about him being the most devious etc

FF have 2 sitting TDs in Dublin North central and it is going from a 4 seater to a 3 seater Ivor Calelly topped the poll last time out and is strongly placed to pick up a sympathy vote having lost his job

So bertie could have given the job to Sean and then improved the FF chances of holding 2 seats but he went one better he got Sean a sympathy vote as well and raised his profile at the same time So he has improved the chances of FF holding both seats and was able to use the junior ministry to improve FF chances in meath as well. The only thing that goes down better than a ministry for FF is the Head Office have it in for me card Sean played this at the last election due to Deirdre Heney being imposed in the constituency by Head Office and it paid off .

You have to give it to Bertie the guy is pure genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Zaph0d wrote:
    OK now I get it- they are in the same constituency.

How could Callely have any influence given the way he burnt his bridges on the way out and proved himself unfit in many areas during his tenure?
    I've often wondered if Sean's daddy was responsible for Callely's problems.

He is suposed to have dirt on everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Cant understand how something so trivial could be making the headlines all week , who actually cares who gets the junior minister jobs ?
    The civil servants do all their work for them anyway

meldrew wrote:
    Cant understand how something so trivial could be making the headlines all week , who actually cares who gets the junior minister jobs ?
    The civil servants do all their work for them anyway

Sign of progression up the political ladder. Who might be running the country in 15 years etc.

Advertisement