Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten Adoption.

Options
  • 15-02-2006 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Kitten adoption is having a fundraising quiz in a weeks time they will be unfortunately inundated with abandoned kittens. Jan does a great job along with her foster folks.
    Details can be found here. www.kittenadoption.ie.

Hope it's ok to give a worthy cause a plug here.
    Claire X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

Sounds great - I'll be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Thanks for posting that URL, Claire, very interesting.

Heart-rending to hear about those stories from Prosperous, wherever that is. Sounds like the Irish version of Deliverance or something - llovely people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭CookieCat

Gordon Gekko thank you so much and in return I shall support Denmark:D
    Claire X

The prosperous cats unfortunately were not an isolated case.I did not handle that particular case, which is a good job, as I could not have been calm.I did see them when they came into Jan and remeber Ruffus fondly while she had him. Miracles were worked with him, as all the sick and injured cats in her care. I foster, which means I get best of both worlds, short term companions and the satisfaction of seeing them go to loving homes with folks who care.
    Though at the moment I am minding a 4 day old kitten to give Jan a break over the weekend, he needs fed every 2 hours and I will happily hand him back on Sunday night and sleep for a week

Cats in Ireland are afforded the title vermin and classed in the same category by some.
    We are not asking that everyone "loves" or even likes cat or god forbid offers one a home;) We only ask that they are respected as a sentient being and afforded the same understanding as all companion animals. And that all cats are altered age appropriate to stop the over population burden.
    We also hope in the future that the Government heed or pleas and offer a mass trap/neuter and release scheme, funded at source. While we are not holding our breath as we may expire, Jan is constantly lobbying for this.
    And continues to educate the public and take in cats/kittens when she can.

I have broken your board. Sory can some clever mod type person sort this I am not very board savvy.
    Claire X Yes I am blonde:D

• Advertisement

CookieCat wrote:
    I have broken your board. Sory can some clever mod type person sort this I am not very board savvy.
    Claire X Yes I am blonde:D

LOL ! You can say that again... and again... and again...:)

Just press the [EDIT] button on your posts, then the [Delete] button on the next screen

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Is this thread related to the kitten adoption thing :) : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=50908110#post50908110

Oscar the grouch !
    Haven't seem him in years - he used to be green, wasn't he ?

Thanks Franksm, I have now managed to grasp the concept of the delete button:D My goodness Stark that is a most impressive cat, I am sure if he ever made his way to kitten adoption, we would find a space for him:cool: Neutered of course. He looks as grump as my own Max, not a cat to be ignored, if you don't want your legs shredded.
    He looks like he could give the In-Famous kitten adoption Sausage 2 stone of "lurve cat" a run for his money.
    Claire.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

That sausage cat is crazy, we saw him in the flesh last week and couldn't get over the size of him! Jan does a great job alright - we're adopting Hannah next week, the one with the broken back leg, and she's really looked after her.

• Advertisement

The Sausage is a national treasure and has not been the same since he had a mention on the Sean Moncrieff show, it's all gone to his head. And he is demanding chicken and puppies in his dressing room, for personal use! The Sausage has also appeared on Ireland AM. He is famous is the Sausage.:p

Manny, I have met Hannah, she is just adorable and is everything a kitten should be. I was even allowed to stroke her soft fur (It is so soft) Jan made me wear gloves in case I left finger prints on her.:p
    I am sure you will be delighted with Hannah.

ClaireX

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

Manny7 wrote:
    That sausage cat is crazy, we saw him in the flesh last week and couldn't get over the size of him! Jan does a great job alright - we're adopting Hannah next week, the one with the broken back leg, and she's really looked after her.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you ae=re getting Hannah delighted to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Manny7 wrote:

oooooh you're so lucky - met Hannah a couple of times & she's an angel ;)

Advertisement