Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Software glitch with all Sony Ericssons?

• 15-02-2006 12:55pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems replying to text msgs with Sony Ericsson mobiles?

I got a j3001 thru Meteor in Dec, but had to return it (Their engineers couldnt fix it). Then they gave me k700i - same problem, so they replaced the phone with another of the same model. Same problem.:mad:

Anyway, I figured out that the problem was replying to text msgs that were sent to me by webtext (from Meteor webtext & O2 & Vodafone).Its more a pain in the ass than you think coz you never know which msg is sent to you from webtext or just the person's mobile. SO you write out a long reply, only to discover it wont send.aaargggh!!

Meteor have said that they have never encountered this problem before but accept that it is a flaw(but they keep selling sony ericsson phones without informing anyone...)

I can't believe that I'm the first&only one to discover this problem....

anyone else?

Might I add that Sony Ericsson's response was that they had never heard of the problem, would pass it on to the engineers, but couldnt guarantee that they would ever bother doing anything about it. And if they did, they wouldnt contact me personally, but would post the software upgrade on the website...a reply that left me more than a little stunned...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I've a Sony-Ericsson V800 (with VF), and never experienced anything like what you're reporting.

Have you tried getting your SIM swapped out? Since this is a recurring issue on three phones, and neither Meteor nor SE have ever heard of this before, the only common denominator here is the SIM. Call into a Meteor shop, explain the situation and they should swop out the SIM for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

i had that problem with my k700i when i was on meteor. never got it on any other network

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

hey Seamus, they actually tried giving me a new SIM, as my old one was really old - still the same problem.

Carrotcake - that's interesting that you didnt have the same problem with other networks - suggests it's a Meteor problem. Darn it - Meteor are the cheapest pay as you go...

I might go into Carphonewarhouse & see what they say, seeing as they deal with all 3 main networks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭White Rabbit

Similar problem with Vodafone VK (pink flip) phone receiving o2 WEBtexts (ordinary phone texts are fine).

It appends (?) a number (8?) to the the phone number of the text received.

This does not happen when the same message is sent to my o2 SE T630 or any of my mates phones on various networks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

See the funny thing is, we tried sending webtexts to nokia meteor phones while i was in the Meteor store &they were able to reply no problem...

I can't figure out if its a problem with the handset or the network...

• Advertisement

i should have said that too. replying with my nokia on meteor was fine. but not with the sony ericsson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Happens with mine too but the easiest thing to do is when it goes to Unsent Items to select edit the recepients phone number and then send it again. You don't even have to change the number, merely selecting edit automatically fixes it.
    I'm on meteor too.

hey D-Generate I tried that but it doesn't work - the msg still fails. are you on a sony ericsson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

No problems with my O2 K750i.

When people send you webtexts from Voda/O2/Meteor your phone doesn't know any different, it just replies to the mobile number. I don't see how that could be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

ciaranfo wrote:
    No problems with my O2 K750i.

When people send you webtexts from Voda/O2/Meteor your phone doesn't know any different, it just replies to the mobile number. I don't see how that could be an issue.
    o2 webtexts give the reply number as 3538xxxxxxxx, instead of +3538xxxxxxxx or 003538xxxxxxxx. this presumably is the root of the problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I'm on Sony Ericsson t630.

When someone sends me a meteor text the following is a run through of waht happens.

I receive text and write a long winded reply
    Message fails to send and goes to "Unsent Messages"
    I open up "Unsent Messages"
    Then do the following key presses
    Edit -> Continue -> Recipients -> Press down and select teh name under "New Recepient" -> Edit -> Ok -> Done -> Send
    Shoudl work then!

Much more annoying for me is the way it erases all my stored words every month or two. Time to get a new phone me thinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

carrotcake wrote:
    o2 webtexts give the reply number as 3538xxxxxxxx, instead of +3538xxxxxxxx or 003538xxxxxxxx. this presumably is the root of the problem
    My bad if this is the case, I never noticed the lack of the + .... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

meteor normally sends out the +3538.... on the web text theres a section in connectivty on the Sony ericsson that has message something or other in it this needs to be set to gsm it is more than likely set to gprs which could be causing the problem also

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Ok the suggestion by D-Generate is working.

was a bit dozy earlier - what im doing now is going into Unsent msgs & deleting the recipient&then adding them from the phone book - is working grand. still not ideal but i like my k700i.

thanks guys! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

wow,i never thought that it could be as a result of webtext.

one way which i used to get around the problem sometimes was by changing my message into a group text.i did this by adding myself as a recipient. it used to tell me that the message was sent but on more than one occassion the person didn't recieve the text

Advertisement