Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cover Up

• 15-02-2006 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

Last week I was scalded by a cup of hot tea in work and have an ugly burn mark on my chest (its on my boob but beside the cup of my bra if that makes sense?). I have a black tie ball to go to in about a week and I doubt this will have cleared up. I woul dusually go on the sunbed for a week before (i know i know bad fo ryou but ive sallow skin) but cant now. Im v brown in summer but turn sickeningly pale in winter and look awful.
    I was hoping to get a corset top to wear with this lovely skirt I have but im left with 2 problems -
    1. I need to get some fake tan done but it wont cover my burn mark properly so it will prob look awful
    2. I need to cover up the mark but dont know what if anythign to use as its a bit raised and quiet red. Its begining to scab over now so its not like it would be any harm at this stage to put something over it as its not raw it just doesnt look pretty right now!

help ? its looking liek im going to have to find a halter neck dress ;-(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

2. I need to cover up the mark but dont know what if anythign to use as its a bit raised and quiet red. Its begining to scab over now so its not like it would be any harm at this stage to put something over it as its not raw it just doesnt look pretty right now!
    help ? its looking liek im going to have to find a halter neck dress ;-(

Oh dear.. raised aswell as red? chances are its going to look covered up Siog.
    Unless someone else can come up with a miracle here, I could very well end up being the halter neck :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

heres a pic...its not big just ugly i have til the 3rd march so im hoping it might be a bit better by then. It washealing but scratched it in my sleep by mistake one night hgrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

As you have some time Siogfinsceal, i'd advise you try and have it healed before the ball.

I've had a look at the scald and it doesn't look too big and might not take that long to heal.

My advise would be to go in and speak with your local pharmacist. They will be able to advise you on ointments that you could use to speed up the healing process. You have 2weeks for it to heal and then you could get the fake tan done a day or two before the ball.

A.

cheers. I spoke to a nurse and she has advised me to cover it in sudo-cream (is there anythign that stuff doesnt work on!), so im doing that all the time so fingers crossed! Good idea about the spray tan that might work rather than trying to cover it with makeup or liquid tan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Aloe Vera ASAP!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Savalon cream is very good for burns, scalds etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

looks bad... OUCH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

i just had a look at your picture it looks sore alright, try taking vitamin e capsules too they are good for healing and the skin in general
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Go buy some 100% ( or 99.9% ) Aloe Vera gel and put it on 10 times a day! Its the best thing for healing burnt skin, seriously! It works wonders with scars or burns and its completely natural.

hey guys thanks fo rthe good advice. Its well improved now. I went shopping at the weekend and found a dress in Monsoon, cost a fair whack but its strapless & high enough to cover the mark and even better it actual fit me (im v short so most things are too long!)...so I went ahead and bought it ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

fair play, glad u found a nice frock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I was going to suggest just leaving the burn on show seeing as covering it up with makeup would make it look worse and there's nothing wrong with an interesting feature here and there, but good going on finding a nice dress that will cover it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭tirl

get vit e capsules and break one open and apply the oil

Advertisement