Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin D5: Can't get NTL, don't wan't phone line. Options?

• 15-02-2006 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

NTL won't give me broadband (long story) and I really, really don't want to pay phone line rental (unless of course that would actually work out cheaper). Does anyone know what the best option would be? Would be willing to pay 35 euro tops I reckon.

Anyone been in this situation?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If your property has a phone line already albeit out of service, it can be enabled for practically nothing. BT offers 1Mbps broadband for €35 including line rental. That's about as good as it gets, assuming you can't get Smart's broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Thanks for the reply.
    The property is just new and has never had a phone line so I assume it would be costly to get one in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If you can stick an aerial on it, you may want to consider Digiweb's Metro service as well. Personally not a great fan of wireless broadband, but it should be considered I suppose.

Connecting a new phone line is something like €120.

Advertisement