Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax implications on Rabo Share funds

Options
  • 15-02-2006 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Just looking at Rabo Directs share fund options.
    They seem quite impressive.

But Rabo do not take out any taxes etc.... and leave this upto the individual.
    So what is the tax implication of buying these funds.

Would it be Capital Gains @ 20%.
    Or is it more like Income Tax.

Anyone else know or have used Rabo, let me know.
    Is it really as straight forward as they make out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Eddie Brennan

id really like to find out this too cos i wanna get saving. meant to crack onto this a month ago and now ive the 2 months savings in my current a/c. anyone got any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

I joined Rabo Direct last week... I believe you pay CGT 20% on equities and bonds (there is a limit of about 1,250 euro per year gain free of taxes though).

Not sure for the saving account, you may need to pay DIRT 20%. But again i am not totally sure.

When you have access to your online account you also have a section where you can see your CGT automatically calculated for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭posiedon

That sounds great.
    So at least they have a figure of what you might have to pay in tax when you dispose of the shares or bonds or funds.

Thanks Coney

Advertisement