Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Ps2 online players?

Options
  • 15-02-2006 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭

i was just wondering how many ps2 online players we have on boards, it seems to mainly be PC gamers. it would be good if i had some kinda idea of who i was playin against

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I only go online on the PS2.

Trouble is, I'm too busy over the next few months to really get online much. I'd say it'll be the summer before I may start to play online again, except for a few random late night sessions.

When I did play it a bit more, I dont think I came up against anyone else from Ireland, mostly people from the UK, Holland and France. I've seen some names of people that have to be Irish though, just never felt compelled to play them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

i was just about to start the exact same thread. i just got the online the other day and havnt stopped playing it since. my name online is Boden

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

ah alright then i'll have a look for ye some time, ihave had it since before christmas and its pretty addictive alright, mine is playa3 btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

how do you set up a ps2 to play online? any tips in english for dummies and one i get hooked up il teach ye all a trick or ten!! what kinda gear and equipment and stuff do i need?

wel to be honest i had a lot of help so im probably not the best to ask but basically you need a network adaptor, or if you have a small ps2 then its built in(which should have come with a networ access disc). if you have a wireless eircom router you may encounter some problems when setting it up as you need to change the router settings a bit.

there should be plenty of online guides that will be able to help more than i can, try www.pesfan.com but you may have to register

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

www.proevonetwork.com/forums

I am a member of a league in XBOX.

There is a ps2 league, Sign up for the waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I might be on later, probably with a mate though, so 2v2 matches it what we'll be playing.

If I am on, then the name will be: Dar_n_Gunner.

Probably be floating around English 1, Lobby 1-4 depending on which ones have space. :)

yeah it doesnt appear as if im doing anything else tonight so maybe take a look for ye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

can you use master league teams online?
    anyone had any trouble with lag?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

well, if xbox version is anything to go by,

1) No master league teams
    2) Yes to lag. Whoever hosts only hosts for 1st half, then it changes to other person, Great thing. Usually means that only ever one half of lag.

• Advertisement

i find that most of the time if you play soemone with full connection bar deely(i know, a lot of technical mumbo jumbo) there isnt really any lag at all in either half. then again sometimes you can get some really terrible ones that are unplayable because of lag

Advertisement