Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wsh

Options
  • 15-02-2006 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi realise WSH is basic enough programming but have an interview soon when related to network,hardware server support,pretty broad, have VB 6, but never worked with it ,always been hardware, networks etc, what i want to know is everything about wsh in relation to running automated scripts, would i be expected to make them up through vb script myself or just be aware of them....and run them...Thank u...(First time here been vouyering for a while!! ):D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

I don't know what would be expected of you..

But if you already know VBScript, just learn about WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) classes, then you can pretty much do anything an admin would wish to do using basic scripts.

Check out MSDN for info.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmisdk/wmi/wmi_classes.asp

you can find some really good examples here & there on the internet & WMI overall is a really cool technology in windows thats probably not exploited much by all admins.

Advertisement