Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barneveld Switches To PDC

• 15-02-2006 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

Barney just announced he is switching over. More here.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Its a huge decision that Barney has made but im delighted because it means that we will get to see him play alot more often and for me, on average, against a better standard of player. Great news for the PDC.

It will be hard for Barney initially because he will be so far down the rankings that he will have to qualify for the majors which can be difficult but I have no doubts that he can move up the rankings pretty swiftly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

this is good new IMO, Barney should be happy with his decision to switch, i too think the PDC is a better standard of darts............

plus it gets more coverage thanks to Sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

It will be very intresting to see how he get's on, think he will do well myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Next year the final between Taylor and Barneveld, now that would be a final. I am glad he has made the decision, always felt he was the main player out of BDO who could push Taylor the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

If he plays the same way that he did in this years Lakeside he won't get near the final

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

His first game as a PDC player is tonight on Sky Sports 1 in the Premier League. he is up against another ex BDO player, Ronnie Baxter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Good start, Barneald 8 - 1 Baxter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Wayne Mardle 6 Phil Taylor 8,
    Peter Manley 4 Roland Scholten 8,
    Ray Barneveld 8 Ronnie Baxter 1,
    Phil Taylor 8 Colin Lloyd 1.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Can't wait until we see Barney playing against Phil Taylor - that should be some match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Just saw the repeat of his match against Baxter....he destroyed him. Heard Sid saying he is ranked 140th at the mo in the PDC :eek: (has to start at the bottom).
    Good move for Barney and darts, wonder will the BDO last now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Barney is good but Taylor will crush him just like he does with everyone else he plays.

I think Barney would even be doing well to compete with the likes of Lloyd, Part, Mardle and Painter but it should be interesting to see how he does.

He was always the big fish in a small pond in the BDO which is probably why he stuck around for so long. It's a pity he didn't move to PDC when John Part did a few years back.

Advertisement