Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Can't Post!

Options
  • 15-02-2006 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I've been recently trying to post on this site, but I can't.

*I use the screen name ''StJimmy'' on this site - not Ep, as I can't even start a thread or reply to one in this forum so I had to register again.

When I do try, this comes up:
    StJimmy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

It's as if I've been banned from the whole site. I can still access all the forums but I can't reply to or start threads. I haven't done anything at all that I would be banned for, so I dunno how/why this is happening. I can't even send PMs.

Does anyone know what's wrong?
    Can you help me?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hi, yeah, you aren't banned but you aren't registered either. Well, ok you are but you are under "users waiting for email confirmation". I think the best thing to do is to try log in with your stjimmy nick and click on the 'forgot password' link. Then it will resend a confirmation mail to your musical email address. Make sure to check your spam inbox there also as it may get sent there.

This has happened to someone else here on the helpdesk but I'm not sure if they sorted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ep

Ok thanks, fingers crossed.

That worked, thanks!!

However, I can't reply in this forum with the name StJimmy for some reason, it's the only one on the whole site.

But thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yeah, this forum is set up so that only the OP and a smod or admin can reply. Welcome back.

Oh right.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement