Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"cannot find mod_perl" path not in @INC

Options
  • 15-02-2006 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭

hey, im running ubuntu and need to get some perl programs working on apache2. when i go to localhost and click on the perl file, it firefox asks me to download the perl file, insead of running it, and aswell as that, other files will just display their code! though its usually .css files and i think they would do that anyway.

so, my problem is, if i run the perl apps from command line, i get errors sayin it cannot find mod_perl.pm anywhere and gives a list of all the DIRs in @INC. the thing is though, i've actually found mod_perl.pm and its underneath one of the DIRs in @INC, eg "./usr/lib/perl5/Apache2/mod_perl.pm" whereas @INC only goes as far as "./usr/lib/perl5/". Now, whaty i need to do is either find a way to add directories to @INC or @INC search an extra level deeper so it will find other files.

I already googled and i couldn't come up with any helpful tips. i also tried simply copyin the mod_perl.pm file up to its parent directory, but then there was another file missing, which is in another directory, so that wont really help. basically, what I need is a simple way to change @INC so i can add a few DIRs to it!

any takers?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭MrScruff

Have you configured apache to run mod_perl?

Do you have the right shebang line at the start of your perl script?

You might save yourself alot of fiddling if you install something like xampp, which is apache, php, perl and mysql bundled together and preconfigured for you.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xampp/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ye i think the problem is that i havent configured mod_perl. whats a shebang line?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

The shebang line is the 1st line of every perl script, looks similar to:

#! /usr/bin/perl -w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

MrScruff wrote:
    Do you have the right shebang line at the start of your perl script?

You don't need a shebang line for mod_perl, but you do need to configure Apache correctly.

However, if you're using someone else's program you may need to find out what version of ModPerl the program was written for, as Apache2+ModPerl2 != Apache+ModPerl

ModPerl configuration is generally straight forward, but can be very complex depending on exactly what the script is designed to do and how.

What is the script (i.e. is it publicly available, so we can take a look)?

Advertisement