Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jenny Lewis anyone?

• 15-02-2006 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

Anyone like Jenny Lewis?

She is playing the Village in April bought my ticket there the other day! Can't wait!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Is her album any good?

I love Rilo Kiley.... and Jenny too.... she is yum! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭marwood

mediocre album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

I love that song portions for foxes, heard it on tom dunne. but know little else, maybe i might go.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Portions for Foxes.

Rilo Kiley are much better than her solo stuff in my opinion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

well jenny is a lot different to rilo kiley. I love Rilo Kiley but I still enjoy Jenny's stuff...it's different in a good way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

Didn't know she was playing thanks! Her album's ok, some decent songs. "The Big Guns" is the only really outstanding one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

I love Rilo Kiley, but haven't heard her solo stuff yet. I'll still probably go though. Has anyone heard The Elected's (Blake Sennett's band) new album? It seemed to get better reviews than Jenny's did.

i prefer Jenny's album...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

Have Rilo Kiley split or is it a temporary seperation?

they haven't split no...Blake and Jenny have always been in other bands as far as I know. Like Jenny is in the Postal Service and as far as I know The Elected have been goin for a while.

I heard an interview with Jenny and she wanted to do this solo album because they are songs that don't suit Rilo Kiley....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

tywy wrote:
    they haven't split no...Blake and Jenny have always been in other bands as far as I know. Like Jenny is in the Postal Service and as far as I know The Elected have been goin for a while.

I heard an interview with Jenny and she wanted to do this solo album because they are songs that don't suit Rilo Kiley....

Jenny is not in the PS, she did backing vocals on one track, and sang in another as far as i know. The Postal Service are Ben Gibbard (vocals) and Jimmy Tamborello (music).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

I was under the impression that she was more involved... That's just what I heard though, nothing concrete. As for The Elected, they have just released their second album (The albums are called Me First and Sun Sun Sun.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not a big fan of her solo stuff but love her voice!

Advertisement