Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax return question

Options
  • 15-02-2006 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the following. It would be greatly appreciated.
    I am finishing my job soon to go abroad. I was wondering can I apply for my tax return before i go. I have my p60, do i need my p45 before i apply for my tax back. I heard somewhere that you need to wait 4 weeks after you finish work before you apply for your tax back.
    I have tried to do this with taxback.com but they havent got back to me even though their website states that you will hear from them within an hour of applying. Personally they sound a bit dodgy and they will deduct 25% of the tax return fee for themselves.
    I'd like to know are there any alternatives to taxback.com or should i just do it myself and if so how do i go about doing it.
    Thanking you in advance
    fear sneachta bán.....aka bouli!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

my understanding is that u can use your P45 to claim back tax but only since the begining of the tax year ie Jan 1st as for last years i dont think its possible plus why not go to the tax office your self and ask them saves you paying 25% eh? try www.revenue.ie for your local office

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Stay away from Taxback another of the countries rip offs.

25% charge. My god.

Get your P45 of your employer and present it in person to your local tax office and ask them if you are owned any tax back. Also notifiy them that you are leaving the country to work abroad.

Also take with you your P60 for 2005 and see if you are owned any tax back for last year.

Advertisement