Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Setting up email on a Nokia 6680.

• 15-02-2006 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

I've just signed up with "3" and got a Nokia 6680.
    Does anyone know how to setup a new email account on this phone?
    I've followed the instructions and created a new account but when I try to retrieve mail it displays a message saying "connecting via 3" and after a minute of so it beeps and states that operation has timed out...

E.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm not sure you can access non 3mail accounts via 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

With 3 you're limited within the 3 "internet" portal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i have this phone and this network

i set-up mine fairly handy to be honest. i have an address now @3mail.com

the customer support is brilliant. they can help you more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

If you have an eircom account you might be able to auto forward your eircom mail to the phone. Check with eircom and see if they can set it up?
    It definitely works for domain emails. Forwarding mail from domain servers is not a problem.
    Won't work for public mail...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

mayhem# wrote:
    I've followed the instructions and created a new account but when I try to retrieve mail it displays a message saying "connecting via 3" and after a minute of so it beeps and states that operation has timed out...

E.

it shouldn't be timing out. this usually happens if you dont have 3g coverage. u need this to get out on the net. do you live in a rural area? some place it works and some it doesnt. like in my job, it works all over the building. not in the canteen though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement