Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ventrilo V Teamspeak

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

How it crushed him when i installed windows on the www.galwaylan.com box :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ventrilo can do 44khz and 16bit, TS2 cannot :\/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Asok wrote:
    How it crushed him when i installed windows on the www.galwaylan.com box :)

Now you're gonna burn!

Roasted Sok anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

1. Sound Quality.
    Get some fscking skills and read up on codecs and the correct settings (particularly if you're setting up a server/channel online - consider the connects of your clients). Ventrilo may have a higher quality codec set as the default, but that means if you're on a congested connection you may experience lower quality or greater loss vs. the (assumed) lower bitrate codec that TeamSpeak uses as default.
    Out of all of ye, only Drake, Giblet and Caliden seem to actually know what they're at. Thanks lads smile.gif

2. Ventrillo License
    It's not an issue. I read up on Vent last year, didn't like the non-OSS-esque license, but as GalwayLAN is a NPO/Club type thing, it doesn't affect us.

3. Interface.
    If it's *too* simple, I get pissed off. I like to be able to configure as much stuff as possible, but this must be tempered by sensible defaults. I cannot see how ye can say Teamspeak is complicated, it's one screen. You pop in te details for the server you wish to connect to, hit connect and you're in. It has the registered user option for clans/more organised and regular users.
    No matter.

4. Linux.
    Both support Win32 and linux for clients and servers. Everyone who made an issue of this is a fscking moron who obviously didn't try out both programs, or you would have seen the download links for each version. eejits.

Ventrillo it is.
    Thread locked.

Apologies for strong tone, but I can't be arsed decorating this post with niceties.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement